Characters returning in The Force Awakens and Episode 8 &9

olisuds

Sith Lord
OK so we already know about Han, Luke Leia, Chewbacca, R2-D2, C3PO. Any guesses on what other characters we may see return to the new movies. What about Lando? I've heard some rumours of his return possibly in a later episode. And what about any guesses for minor characters that we might see back? Jawas? Sand People? Bounty Hunters? Jabba's goons? Ewoks? I'm sure many focus collectors will be secretly hoping to see their character revived. I'm personally expecting to see R5-D4 swoop in to save the day! :lol:

indianawars

Sith Lord
Warwick Davis has said in interviews he has a small part in the new Star Wars movie, so my guess is at some point they go back to Endor to retrieve Vaders helmet and bump into Wicket?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I read this morning that Max Von Sydow is actually Fett. Sounds like bollocks BUT one of the characters is meant to have been cybernetically enhanced so this could be Fett, injured and 'repaired' after his encounter with the Sarlacc.

Also, I think Sydow is a bit too old to play Fett, needs to be more Han's age.

I'm surprised that the desert planet we all thought was Tatooine ended up being Jakku - because for a place that was meant to be farthest from the bright centre of the Universe, an awful lot happens on there!

I'd really love to see Ugnaughts take centre stage in at least one of these movies...

olisuds

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
I read this morning that Max Von Sydow is actually Fett. Sounds like bollocks BUT one of the characters is meant to have been cybernetically enhanced so this could be Fett, injured and 'repaired' after his encounter with the Sarlacc.

Also, I think Sydow is a bit too old to play Fett, needs to be more Han's age.

I'm surprised that the desert planet we all thought was Tatooine ended up being Jakku - because for a place that was meant to be farthest from the bright centre of the Universe, an awful lot happens on there!

I'd really love to see Ugnaughts take centre stage in at least one of these movies...

There are still so many great characters from the original trilogy that i would like to see revived mainly because they've been represented by vintage toys we are so fond of. But I understand the movie has got to move on and they can't keep everything alive. But if they're looking for a few extras I hope they give old red a shout :)

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/05/08/max-von-sydow-confirmed-as-boba-fett-2916815?lt_source=external,manual

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
tundra9 said:
Von sydow as Fett??
I thought Fett was Maori? :p

Who knows, he wasn't originally! :D I bloody hated the voice change, dreadful, his original voice was so much cooler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZTRSIvIG9k

I wonder if there will be any links/references to the prequels? Aren't they supposed to be 'overlooked' now?

Jez

Sith Lord
Random people running in panic with ice cream makers under their arms. That would be a nice subtle nod to TESB.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I'd have no issues seeing the ewoks, though only briefly.

In terms of background characters, I'd like to see more of the creatures we saw in the OT (Cantina, Jabba's henchmen etc) be a nice feeling of continuity, as I felt there were too many new species in the PT..though I appreciate the universe is a large place.

Lando, Fett, Dengar Wedge would all be good to see

olisuds

Sith Lord
Yeah I'd love to see the Cantina aliens and Jabba's goons with some background parts. Well those that weren't killed anyway. Greedo might be a stretch.

I'd also love to see some of the droids Death Star Droid, Power Droid, 2-1B, FX-7 and of course R5-D4 :)

Well I know its time to move on and embrace the new characters of another generation but I can't help feel a few familiar background characters turning up would be appealing :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I agree with the ideas of seeing some the same species we've seen before to build the continuity between (though we risk potentially all six) previous films. The prequels fell down a bit in my mind on that element alone, too many new species and therefore languages and accents to get used to and eventually either mock or get annoyed with.

Having said that, oddly for me the Wookie scenes were some that I found particularly poor last time an easily recognised existing species had a come back...

Character wise, I'm all for moving on :shock: I think the already known comebacks will be enough for me. I really don't want to see a new film clinging to old characters in order to placate the old guard of fans at the potential expense of either story or quality of delivery. Despite the lift given by seeing him in the trailer, I'm already pretty concerned about seeing Han hobbling through the sets given how old he looked in the Indiana Jones.. Crystal Skull debacle; seven years and a broken leg later, I can't see him being more spritely and that actually makes me sad :cry: .

Lets hope that the background is filled with species and background extras we know as a nod to the history of the films we all love, but not with the subtle zoom in or focus on them to bring them centre stage to garner the gasps and whoops that could so easily overshadow the good film I hope we will see...

sith-smith

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
Having said that, oddly for me the Wookie scenes were some that I found particularly poor last time an easily recognised existing species had a come back...

Totally agree. Though I think the problem rests with them being all CGI. Looked really...poor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom