Vectis 26th & 27th May

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
New lots are now up:

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewSearchLots.aspx?Search=star+wars&Dir=2&id=0&ref=0

dianoga77

Padawan
Remember folks vectis pics and description are not the best so it would be wise to get extra pics and info b4 going in for the kill on the day 8)

maxf

Jedi Master
Definitely get extra photos - I've spotted a few flaws on a figure I was after

wrighty

Sith Lord
Thats a lot of Vintage SW items, been looking at the items for over 30 mins and still have 150 pages to go!! :lol:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
There are some items on the 27th that Vectis have never had available before so it'll be interesting to see what they go for.

This is going to sound abit odd, but with the recent sales threads on here I feel quite blasé about some of the items up for sale. We've seen quite a few 'rare/uncommon' Palitoy 12 backs in the last few months, all unconnected I'm sure :lol: , that now this lot have come up it's not as overwhelming as it would have been 12 months ago when we hadn't seen any for ages, publicly at least.

I'm sure most of it will go for ridiculous prices, but hopefully some people on here will get items they're hunting for.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Great items for sure, however im hoping the employee paperwork doesnt go to someone who will make copies :roll:

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
Wow, I wonder if there are multiple items of some of these lots that will be sold at a later date. Surely there can't be one of each?

Some unbelievable stuff. I wonder what the death star playset will go for.

maxf

Jedi Master
TrisCompany said:
Wow, I wonder if there are multiple items of some of these lots that will be sold at a later date. Surely there can't be one of each?

Some unbelievable stuff. I wonder what the death star playset will go for.

I think there are a total of 48 12 backs and 6 Death Stars - this won't be the only sale.

Joe

Grand Master
Unrelated to the auction but after looking at the Palitoy figures listed it got me thinking about that little logo..

Even though I have never really followed Palitoy logoed figures as closely as many other people on this forum, I've still noticed them when they've come up for sale over the years and even though I've only been casually interested in them, I really can't remember seeing even half the amount we've seen in the last couple of years show up before. It feels like it's raining Palitoy's at the moment!

It's kind of crazy to think of just how many have been sold via eBay, auctioned off at Vectis + other auction houses recently. Has anyone been keeping a record of what's turned up lately? (Like, last 3 years perhaps?) I'd love to see a list of how many Palitoy Logo SW and ESB figures have shown up (not necessarily interested in the amounts they sold for, just the quantities of each figure and which cardbacks they were on) and see how they've changed the numbers of "known" figures.

One other thing that's interesting to me is how we've seen more figures come to the market since the record breaking sales of certain figures (Fx, multiple Chewie's and "that" Fett) and the subsequent publicity that they created (which is not surprising)..yet the prices are still (or at least seem to be) as high as they've ever been! Years ago when multiple examples of the same "rare" figure surfaced it probably would have had the opposite effect..crushing the perceived rarity of that figure and heavily affecting it's value. Then again, I guess there were less people interested back then too..

Are the prices holding (or continuing to rise) simply because another 10, 20 or 50 people in the world have turned their attentions to Palitoy collecting? If so, who are they? I think I only saw one person on this forum limelight a purchase from Craig Stevens auction (which was the last figure he needed to finish up a particular run) and one other person that bought a Palitoy logoed figure via Vectis that wanted to know if they had overpaid. So where are the others all going? lol

stormcab

Sith Lord
How does Vectis work? do you solely have to rely on photos, or can you go in person? Newbie here.

Mr. Bob A. Feet

Jedi Knight
A few here seemed to have visited so I guess something could be arranged but I doubt it's open house. Give them a call and find out but they are quite accommodating and helpful with photos etc

Unless you're talking about actual auction day? The anyone can go and view lots for a couple of hours before auction starts!

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
Never realised you could obtain extra photos, I would strongly advise this, trust me, it will save a huge amount of grief afterwards.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom