Any links to germany? having ebay issues

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
I recently won something on ebay. I didn't think for one moment that the seller wouldn't have paypal. How many people can say that they always check the payments section in the listing? Ive been a member for over ten years and dont recall ever doing business any other way than PayPal. The seller has asked for a bank transfer, he has only 16 positive feedback and managed to get one neutral already. I messaged him and stated that I'm not really comfortable sending a couple of hundred via bank transfer as I have no protection. This is where it gets interesting, he claims to be the editor of a German star wars magazine, he goes by the name Marco Froemter. I apologise in advance if posting his name is an issues but I need to know if anyone knows this chap, can verify his identity and perhaps convince me to pop down the bank and fire off some money. Its just that as my friend said we are living in the 21st century and here I have someone telling me they dont have paypal account but they have been collecting star wars stuff for the last 30 years and I should just trust them. Doesn't make sense to me. Any help would be appreciated.

x-pack

Grand Master
Sack that! Paypal is there for a reason. It gives you a little bit of security.

I also have not seen that for years, not since the days of postal orders and so on. Who doesn't have Paypal these days and uses online buying/selling?! :shock:

But in the end this is eBay and it will be your fault for not checking :roll: Sucks man

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
x-pack said:
Sack that! Paypal is there for a reason. It gives you a little bit of security.

I also have not seen that for years, not since the days of postal orders and so on. Who doesn't have Paypal these days and uses online buying/selling?! :shock:

But in the end this is eBay and it will be your fault for not checking :roll: Sucks man

Dont get me wrong, im holding my hands up, I didnt check the payments section but then I haven't checked that bit since the dawn of mankind. I'd quite happily play along if someone could tell me that he is who is and I can send the money in confidence, frankly mate, if I could verify him I'll get on a bloody plane and meet him in germany. I fancy a day out somewhere!

x-pack

Grand Master
I just had the assumption that everyone used Paypal these days on eBay. But I agree that if someone can say that he's a good guy then that's probably enough.

Is there a risk doing a bank transfer? It's old school but a lot of us have probably done that in the past. At the end of the day you should still be covered by eBay rules if anything goes wrong 8)

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
x-pack said:
I just had the assumption that everyone used Paypal these days on eBay. But I agree that if someone can say that he's a good guy then that's probably enough.

Is there a risk doing a bank transfer? It's old school but a lot of us have probably done that in the past. At the end of the day you should still be covered by eBay rules if anything goes wrong 8)

I phoned ebay up to just get their opinion and they didn't advise a bank transfer, dont blame them! I'm sure there are some members of this forum based in germany, ive sent a few PM's, hopefully I'll hear back soon.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I just bought something from Germany and the listing didn't have the option for Paypal but you can still send a payment if they don't have an account, just works like a card payment I think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom