Fake Early Bird kit coupons

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Be wary, and add Early Bird kit coupons to the list of 'fings wot scammers fakes'...

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Figure-Star-Wars-original-KENNER-1978-Early-Bird-Set-Insert-VINTAGE-/151737693801

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1121397/

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Sadly fake stuff sold everywhere. The guy who is very prolific in Spain is called Nathan Edwards, which doesn't sound very Spanish so he might actually be an English ex-pat....

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Interesting thread on RS and well worth a read. Naturally, the only humour in the whole thing was added by Edd :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
RS is my chance to take the piss, need to behave on here :)

sidogboddy

Padawan
I was unfortunate enough to have just bought a mailer coupon , 4 figures and foot pegs sealed from devjohn , I would never known it was a fake unless you guys had brought it to my attention,
I contacted him straight away and to be fair he instantly refunded the full purchase cost as well he should now what do I do ?

I feel I should not send the coupon back as I do not want anyone falling for this scam

Your Thoughts please

Cheers Simon

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
sidogboddy said:
I was unfortunate enough to have just bought a mailer coupon , 4 figures and foot pegs sealed from devjohn , I would never known it was a fake unless you guys had brought it to my attention,
I contacted him straight away and to be fair he instantly refunded the full purchase cost as well he should now what do I do ?

I feel I should not send the coupon back as I do not want anyone falling for this scam

Your Thoughts please

Cheers Simon

If you bought it through ebay contact them and report the matter. They will advise you NOT to return the coupon as it is counterfeit. DOn't do anything with it until you have spoken to them, though. Personally, I would report him to trading standards if he is based in the UK. Never dealt with him, never will, so I have no knowledge of where he operates from.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
wrighty said:
At €1.95 what do you guys expect!! :lol:

The repro seller from Spain is at least being honest.. the bigger issue was a seller called Devjohn who was bundling the fakes with other legit EB items and selling them for $100s. Several stung buyers have got their money back but it is safe to assume that there are a fair few of these forgeries now circulating amongst collectors.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
wrighty said:
At €1.95 what do you guys expect!! :lol:

The repro seller from Spain is at least being honest.. the bigger issue was a seller called Devjohn who was bundling the fakes with other legit EB items and selling them for $100s. Several stung buyers have got their money back but it is safe to assume that there are a fair few of these forgeries now circulating amongst collectors.

They would pair well with Darren Ormes work. Which still exists on Ebay to no avail.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom