More Repro Figures To Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
For those on Facebook...watch out for this guy........

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-vintage-studio/892567474117950

His rants on RS defending Orme were horrible....come on everyone luv the star wars..

Right now he is having a place in China injection mold customs for him
19731680175_7a48869130_o.jpg
Capture1 by kenner1977, on Flickr

19543646150_579ce84bef_o.jpg
Capture2 by kenner1977, on Flickr

19731680275_cf50e66335_c.jpg
11705064_926851900689507_8438765301912740208_n by kenner1977, on Flickr

He has no respect for the hobby and while these are custom at this point...he will move on to repros I assure you. He has already been supplying images to Darren orme for his repros and is buying packaging for his customs from him.

So get ready for the next Poon boys....................Arturo Del Pozo

x-pack

Grand Master
Amazingly it looks like no-one has trolled his FB page. There's no abuse or anything :eek:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
If they were kept purely as customs, other figures not produced then it could actually be ok, figures that we all feel should ideally have been included in the toy line, the fleet trooper & Tarkin instantly spring to mind & if they are clearly marked as custom, but like you say Todd, I can see this descending into a sticky mess.

I like the general idea, just rather worried where it will lead, there are already other customs (direct copies) so repro really rather than customs available on that chinese shopping site alibaba like these -

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ICTI-oem-factory-eco-friendly-plastic_60049587716.html?spm=a2700.7724838.35.1.k8UOyX

seem to be very accurate & much worse than those customs IMO

Jez

Sith Lord
This is why forums such as this will continue. Facebook won't really help much as it's generally "Hey look what I have, check out my stuff" or "For Sale". If you really want to stay wise to this stuff the forums and TIG are where it's at. Thanks for the post Todd.
Maybe this needs a podcast slating! Or at the very least use it to help spread awareness.

walkie

Sith Lord
Is it only me, but fancy going to all that trouble designing a vintage sandtrooper and sticking a great big ****ing ugly POTF2 gun with it. :(

BlueDog

Sith Lord
With the rate disney is reigning in people using their newly purchased franchise to make a buck without licence, I could see them taking an interest in shutting these blokes down if they were notified of the effort and possible profits being made by Orme and his mates.

If they have gone to the effort to stop businesses associating themselves by using SW named websites this sort of **** should certainly warrant interest.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's a slippery slope, but IF he sticks to customs and IF Disney had oversight, I think this would be a pretty cool thing. Trouble is, there's no way Disney would allow this without a huge licence fee so he'll stay underground. If he does that then yes, repros of Yak, blue Snag and who know's what else can't be a a million miles off.

I do quite like the Sandtrooper patrol packaging and concept though. Does that make me evil? :shock:

itfciain

Grand Master
The sad thing about all these people, Poon, Orme, Revalue-it etc is that they obviously have a passion (monetary driven?) for what they are doing and if they just stuck to customs (or even ridiculously hard to find items like Vlix/Rocket Fett) then there would be no issue. But in their infinite wisdom (monetary driven?) they decide to make exact replica's. I have said it before, and will keep saying it - there is no need for them to do this - they alienate themselves from the majority of the community and their work will never be accepted by a lot of people. These guys clearly aren't stupid (although not sure about Arturo having has a few run-ins with him) but I don't understand why they can't see that (monetary driven?)

This is the latest update from Orme -

"They are the next generation of reproduction box they are mint in every way , they are now way past just reproductions every bit of writing is now replaced , blow these photos up and look closely they are faultless ,they are the future of vintage Star Wars collecting for collector now and new future collector who want a stunning collection , you will not buy better I guarantee that"

He genuinely thinks that his products are the future of collecting - does he really not read what is written about him ?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That sycophantic bollocks from Orme actually turns my stomach. He knows it's not the future of collecting, it's this kind of things that's the destruction of it. If he actually cared one little bit about the hobby he'd mark them, in an unobtrusive place but in large type "Reproduction".

I take it this has been flagged up to Disney but they couldn't care less?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I like the idea of professional injection molded customs, but this guy is a total ****ing tool and this will go beyond customs, especially when he has vocalized he has no problems with repros coupled with his joint venture with Mr. Orme.

I Agree Disney and Hasbro may take interest as these are close to production quality.

elcroz

Padawan
This surely is only the beginning wait until 3-D printers become common place in the home!

x-pack

Grand Master
I hate reading things like that from Darren Orme. The twisted logic bothers me. You meet people like this from time to time. It's as though part of their brain is missing :?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
x-pack said:
I hate reading things like that from Darren Orme. The twisted logic bothers me. You meet people like this from time to time. It's as though part of their brain is missing :?

He has the means to repro the missing part. :wink:

JFK

Jedi Master
WTF :shock: why would anyone buy a repro Stormie ? You can get a decent original for £8 ! I'm stunned donuts are buying this **** also this repro carded **** ebay listings saying painstakingly sealed -**** off with your **** ebay listing :evil:

itfciain

Grand Master
Just read on Facebook that Kim Simmonds (chap who took most of the pictures for the vintage cards and boxes) has already messaged Orme advising that he is in breach of copyright

"I complained to him that he was basically using my images and he replied that he was using pkgs and catalogs. I explained to him very nicely that whether a package or a catalog they were my images he has been reproducing and that unless he received permission from Hasbro, please stop. Well as you can tell, he has ignored me as much as he has ignored the rest of you who complained to him. I would say he cares very little about the hobby, he has the ability to create reproductions, maybe he made arrangements with Paltoy, I certainly do not know. But I requested he stop using my images. Maybe you all can advise him he is using an image of mine on this package as well- Roy shot it but I have the copyright and usage rights to it of course that falls below and after Hasbro and likely Paltoy's usage rights."

I hope Orme reads this as I am sure the community would quite happily pitch in to help Kim sue his ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom