Yahoo's "best" SW changes made by George when he was bored

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/125511367721/the-best-changes-made-to-star-wars-since-release

All I can say is hhhmmmmmm

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Hard to argue with any of the "worst" ones though, or at least hard to argue that they were unnecessary.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/125349409031/the-worst-changes-made-to-star-wars-since-release

Gotta admit I hadn't even noticed the extra rocks

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Can't argue with the vast majority of that.
R2 rocks??? Please explain that one to me :evil:

Personally, I would add the Sarlacc 'beak' to the worst additions. Good idea, poorly executed.

Still undecided about the Wampa addition. Sometimes, less is more.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
What would you guys say were the worst?

For me:
Greedo shooting first
R2 and the rock (Dunno why it bothers me so much)
Sy snootles animated
Vader- " Nooo!"

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I take every opportunity I can to mention Adywan's 'Star Wars Revisited' project. He is an fx guru who was dissatisfied with the Special Editions versions and has gone on to 'improve' them with literally hundreds of minor tweaks, fx improvements, continuity, colour correction, returning to the correct aspect ratio, and of course removing and restoring the worst SE sins such as Greedo shooting.

He's been working for 7 years on Empire Revisited and it is nearly ready for release. It really has been done with a lot of care and attention and the movie has never looked so rich and cinematic. You can download a few minutes from the Revisited Asteroid Chase here...

https://mega.co.nz/#!nc81mYSa!FWMChmcVKyHO68AujGxWLtzSUsp0hQcGbycHgmJ5rZA

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Twin30mm said:
Can't argue with the vast majority of that.
R2 rocks??? Please explain that one to me :evil:

Personally, I would add the Sarlacc 'beak' to the worst additions. Good idea, poorly executed.

Still undecided about the Wampa addition. Sometimes, less is more.

Yeah, not mad keen on that beak, or the Wampa additions.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I honestly don't like any of the additions, they all look like cheap nasty straight to video 90s CGI. Even the 'better' bits like the extra Cloud City scenes, they are just unnecessary, as above often less is more.

Tenebrous

Padawan
edd_jedi said:
I honestly don't like any of the additions, they all look like cheap nasty straight to video 90s CGI. Even the 'better' bits like the extra Cloud City scenes, they are just unnecessary, as above often less is more.
My thoughts exactly, they looked dated even when they came out!
Less is more George, if he was bringing out ep7 I bet there'd be a song and dance in it!
And unfunny humour jar,jar anyone?
That said i happily sit though the lot when I have the chance. :lol:

Dantooine

Padawan
All the changes are dreadful. I was hoping Disney would see sense and release restored versions of the original theatrical editions, but so far no word.

Whilst I admire the amount if work Adywan has put into his projects, to me they are just other versions of the special editions. He makes his own tweaks, adds bits, takes bits away.

Harmy's Despecialized Editions are definitive versions for me. Colour corrected and all the "modern" crap taken out.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Han solo walking "around" Jabba The Hutt? OMG! lol. Actually just the whole Jabba addition in ep IV.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Dantooine said:
Whilst I admire the amount if work Adywan has put into his projects, to me they are just other versions of the special editions. He makes his own tweaks, adds bits, takes bits away.

Harmy's Despecialized Editions are definitive versions for me. Colour corrected and all the "modern" crap taken out.

Yep completely agree with this too, as soon as I saw he was adding in extra planets and 'correcting' mistakes etc I lost interest. I just want to see the originals!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
stormcab said:
Han solo walking "around" Jabba The Hutt? OMG! lol. Actually just the whole Jabba addition in ep IV.

That's probably my least favourite bit, with Boba Fett posing for the camera at the end! George was obviously hoping to cash in on the idiots that have mistaken Fett for a main character rather than the extra he actually is in the original films.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I do wish he could have taken the tape of Leias knockers-that would have been a worthy change.

x-pack

Grand Master
Hum yeh. Not a fan of the altered editions. I remember them coming out and was quite excited because it was 'more Star Wars', and what's not too like about that ...right :roll:

The reality is that a few silly, pointless slapstick comedy moments were added. The film didn't need that at all, neither did it need the Jabba band scene, extra Stormtroopers, Sarlacc beak and other bits of scenery. That all existed in our imaginations and now it's just there!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I remember being really excited about the special edition mainly because I got the chance to see them at the Cinema for the first time, loved them then and still love them now. :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom