VINTAGE REBELLION PODCAST : Episode 17 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
EPISODE 17 : May The Fawcett Be With You is now live for download

You can listen via iTunes by searching The Vintage Rebellion

or via Podbean

swtvrpodcast.podbean.com

twitter17_zpswcu401e3.png

This months Vintage Rebellion Podcast has a standout interview with collecting illuminati Chris Fawcett, Chris makes a special announcement regarding a project he is working on for Insider Magazine as well as chatting to the Rebellion about a few of his astounding collecting stories.

As well as having Mr Fawcett on the show, we also have Mr Imperial Gunnery himself, JohnPaul Ragusa, who joins Richard for a Oddball special.

Jez brings us the New Acquisitions which he has been looking at including a bargain Squid Head MOC, completing last 17 runs, retro t-shirts, 30 back Yodas, Canadian transitions, graded comics, A Wing test shots, display rooms and Vader utility packs, which is just a sample of the many things he discusses on his segment this month.
In this months Rebel Briefing we look at a whole manner of news including London Film and Comic Con moving to Brighton for this winters show and Daniel Burgess joins the crew to review Force Friday.

Pete brings us another look at the current market where he discusses some beautiful Star Wars items in the Prop Store Auction. All this plus all your other favourite sections should make this podcast another epic adventure.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Not showing up on iTunes podcast app yet. Maybe it's in the pub.

EDIT - it is on Podbean though, so who the hell needs Apple?!

itfciain

Grand Master
Great listen again lads - just heard the bit about the vehicle maintenance - I have a bag of all the tools so will put up one of each so we can get it completed :D

cfawcett

Thanks for having me on guys. It was a blast.

If anyone is interested in my new column, I've started a Facebook page for it. The Jedi Toy Box.

Cheers!

Cj

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
This has saved me from a carriage full of Chelaea fan nonsense. And I'm still wetting myself about Grant's dead horse theme park idea :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Like Chris said above be sure to check out his Facebook group which gives more details of his exciting column coming up in the Insider.

Here is the link for the Facebook page;
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207869499279213&set=gm.739457299498210&type=1

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Just listening. The £10 Squidhead MOC was sold at FF by yours truly :)

The story was that I had Marc Hokley helping me that day and, as anyone who attended the last FF will testify, it was a busy one!

A guy came over with a bunch of MOCs and wanted to sell them. As I was busy with customers I let Marc talk to the fella. He was selling cheap but as I'm a fair player, I let Marc have first dibs. By the time I was free to talk to the fella, the last one he had was the Squidhead he wanted a tenner and I bit his hand off.

I left it on my 'take home' pile but it was spotted. Didnt feel right buying and flipping via the table on the day so I let him go for what I paid for him. And I'm glad I did cos the chuffed look on the buyers face was payment enough.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. It's really satisfying seeing the changes we've made pay off. Episode 18 is getting prepped now.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Richard_H said:
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. It's really satisfying seeing the changes we've made pay off. Episode 18 is getting prepped now.
You prep?

:twisted: :D

Jez

Sith Lord
Phenomenal feedback from this one already lads on here, TIG and Facebook, thank you. :)

We had so much fun making this one, i think you can tell that.

These podcasts take hours and hours to prep then record then edit. We all edit our own sections, so it really does feel like a second job sometimes, but a job you absolutely love.
Every now and then we'll experiment with something new, if it works we might keep it, if it doesn't we'll drop it. We want to keep it fresh but stick with the main format that is tried tested and loved.
Whats most important to all 5 of us though is that we stay true to our roots and remain bigging up this place, our spiritual home where we met and where all the love is.

I made a promise that during the New Acquisitions section i'll always start off with SWFUK and i'm not gonna change that. The New Acquisition section is my baby, i love researching everything and looking at who has bought what. If any of you see something that you think i need to check out please let me know!

If you are still wondering what its all about check the link or see my signature.

Thanks again.

Princess Raya

Padawan
Awesome, as always guys. The inevitable Friday night train delays were actually enjoyable today listening to the show! Think I might have got a few funny looks, laughing out loud on a packed train. :D

WuhersStall

Padawan
Thoroughly enjoyed this and it's quickly become my favorite podcast. It's so well produced and I appreciate that.

I love the vintage discussions and interviews but the banter/comedy/camaraderie is just superior and that's what keeps me coming back with such excitement. I genuinely laughed out loud multiple times while listening to this. I'm not quite at the point yet where I know who is who just by their voice but I love when a segment starts and you think it's one person interviewing another and then all of a sudden the peanut gallery chimes in and adds to it.

I have to be honest, when I first saw this I just assumed it was going to be a nice, amateur love letter to vintage SW but once I started listening I realized this was a excellently produced podcast with talented people. The mark of a good interviewer is allowing the interviewee to dictate where the conversation goes and this pod is outstanding at doing that. They don't go into an interview with some predetermined agenda or road map and just allow the information to flow naturally. I'm really quite impressed with this pod.

Just sucks ass that I now have to wait another month for a new one. :D

Arthur

stormcab

Sith Lord
Thanks for the email. Reminded me I need to get around to finally listening to a podcast. Especially as I was getting a cheeky mention :D . Didn't know what to expect. Thought it would be like several other small podcasts I listen to where the sound is awful, there's lots of stuttering and people not knowing what to say next. I was also shocked to see the podcast was over 4 hours :eek: . Well, I started listening last night while at work, and those 4 hours shot by. Amazing editing, cool music, forum members who could be pro DJs, interviews with blinding collectors whose knowledge was unsurpassed. Just wow.

Leon355

Padawan
Another great show guys. Seems that Apple's recent update has fixed the problems I had listening to your show through the Podcast App. :D Can't wait for the next show. All the best..!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom