Pay a premium for Palitoy, or settle for Kenner?

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
On average, what kind of premium (if any) would you be willing to pay for Palitoy branded items (carded figs and boxed vehicles/playsets etc) over Kenner ones. I know some people like Gary will usually only consider buying Palitoy items and they certainly seem to command higher prices. I guess being British and the fact that they are rarer means we will be inclined to pay that little extra. Does the Kenner/Palitoy brand bother any of you? Would you pay more for a Palitoy one? Most of my carded stuff so far has been Kenner, but I admit that given the option I would probably be willing to pay an extra 20% or so. Am I crazy?

sith-smith

Grand Master
I have both a complete Kenner and Palitoy set. the difference in cost is quite staggering, though a lot of this has to do with quality.

For me the answer is obvious.

However for someone starting out, I think a kenner set is far more rewarding. You're more likely to find affordable pieces, your collection will grow steadily and in this country, you are far less likely to be ripped off with Kenner.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I only like the Palitoy ones with the big logo on the front. 8)

Then again I prefer to collect loose figures so I don't care !! :lol: :wink:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
i only collect kenner carded figs because they are a lot cheaper so i can afford them. ive never really looked or been interested in palitoy so i probrably wouldnt pay the extra.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
much as i love the logos, palitoy cards dont really appeal to me as i don't remember them from when i was younger. it was all about the tri logo's when i was a kid, so that's what i mainly collect.

i pick up the odd palitoy piece if it's cheap, but the prices are astronomical usually.

Palitoy Hunter

Padawan
After collecting palitoy logo ESB figures i decided a few months back to call it a day with them, i have a modest collection with some key figures in, but it got to a stage where nothing i needed was comming on the market or if thay did i could not justify the prices thay where asking, how do you explane to the kids, no holiday this year as daddy has just got a new figure.
I wish the diffrence between kenner and palitoy was 20%, i have seen Ã'£80 kenner figures go for Ã'£700 on palitoy logo card.
There will always be palitoy collectors willing to pay insane amounts of money for key figures, and its weird as its a kind of releif i have took a back seat on logo figs as it got to a stage where i was not enjoying collecting them which is pointless as you only colllect to enjoy, so much so i have since boxed them all up.
I now starting a new focus on tri logo's which i am all excited about which i have not felt for a long time, i have a grand total of 2 so far :lol: but 90% of them should not be to hard to track down and most are at a price which keeps the other half happy.
also is a tri collection only classed as complete if the jawa and madine are in there as thay where french release only and i have no memorys of them, so don't like the idea of the Ã'£Ã'£Ã'£Ã'£ it will cost me to get them.

Palitoy Hunter

Padawan
Gary's collection is just mental, i have been lucky enough to spend the weekend at his place and to go into the palitoy room is knee shaking.

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
I think it is a lot to do with supply and demand. Kenner was avaliable across the world(?) Certainly in the U.K. too. Palitoy on the other hand was U.K. only and I'm sure most were opened. I personally went for Kenner because they are readily avaliable fom America and the exchange rate makes them alot cheaper than getting them from the U.K. So mark me down for Kenner.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Palitoy Hunter said:
Gary's collection is just mental, i have been lucky enough to spend the weekend at his place and to go into the palitoy room is knee shaking.
We've all heard about Garys knee trembling experiences before in the off topic section !! :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
Palitoy Hunter said:
We've all heard about Garys knee trembling experiences before in the off topic section !! :lol:

yeah you might want to choose your words more carefully

Palitoy Hunter

Padawan
jabbawokkie said:
craignwo4life said:
Palitoy Hunter said:

yeah you might want to choose your words more carefully

:lol: :lol: :lol: should of seen that one comming, good job i did not say anything about the great bacon sandwich he made in the morning :oops:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Palitoy Hunter said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: should of seen that one comming, good job i did not say anything about the great bacon sandwich he made in the morning :oops:
I thought jam sandwiches were Garys speciality?!! :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
Palitoy Hunter said:
I thought jam sandwiches were Garys speciality?!! :lol:

whey.....kelly strikes back
nice one craig

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom