Worst Star Wars Figure/Playset in your opinion

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Worst Star Wars Figure/Playset in your opinion

Post by SAVORY100 »

Barada for me, too close to POTF2 figure, he's spent too much time in the gym...

Rebel Command centre as the worst playlet with Darth's star destroyer coming in a very close second.

Dantooine
Regular
Regular

Post by Dantooine »

Got to be Prune Face for me. It was one of those times as a kid where I had saved up my pocket money, it was burning a hole in my pocket and I really wanted a new figure... and Prune Face was the only new figure the shop had, so I bought him.

I hate the colours, his trousers, the gun didn't look like a Star Wars gun, and I couldn't remember seeing him in the film. That was a bad buy! I hate his stupid head.

My adult self also agrees on Anakin, and also Luke Stormtrooper is a big disappointment. It was a figure I'd heard about at school - it was mythic, but when I saw Luke's tiny head I just thought it was rubbish. They blew it. There are quite a few I don't like. Han in carbonite, Imperial Dig, Ree Yees. I do like the Ewoks though, and the first 21 are all brilliant.

Worst playset is the Hoth cardboard one that uses a white sandcrawler base.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

I think FX-7 was cool, I got it before I saw the movie so I thought he was a cool evil droid who used all his small white arms or what it is to fight :lol:

worst for me is Anakin :lol:

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Post by edd_jedi »

I agree that Anakin, Imperial Dignitary and Madine are basically useless action figures. However one I really dislike is Leia Hoth, she is a real abomination. Look at the face and neck, more Wayne Rooney than princess:

Ian_C
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Ian_C »

lol at Leia Rooney Edd!

I take back what I said about the Droid Factory. I do believe that, aside from an R2 with third leg, it's just a mess of a toy where there is no chance in hell of ever hoping to keep it complete, but forgot it was reissued as the Jabba's Dungeon playset.

Most pointless rehash of a pre-existing toy ever, and there's been some bad ones.

Glad Frank didn't get upset at my diss on Power Droid. It's just personal preference. As I got older, and play time went from galactic battle scenes to pretending my figures were all WWF superstars, at least guys like Madine and Anakin could partake in that type of play. Power Droid was more like a walking ring bell. :)

And what, besides maybe the lightsaber, makes Anakin any worse than Obi-Wan? Or Emperor? All old men characters with awkwardly sculpted robes for legs.

Ian
I've paid my dues
Time after time.
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime.
And bad mistakes ‒
I've made a few.
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through.

Come visit us - www.tantivexi.com

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Post by edd_jedi »

Ian_C wrote:And what, besides maybe the lightsaber, makes Anakin any worse than Obi-Wan? Or Emperor? All old men characters with awkwardly sculpted robes for legs.
Ian
My main gripe with Anakin is his lack of weapon or even lack of ability to hold one! He might be a dead Jedi, but he should still have a lightsabre :)

Grant
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Grant »

edd_jedi wrote:
Ian_C wrote:And what, besides maybe the lightsaber, makes Anakin any worse than Obi-Wan? Or Emperor? All old men characters with awkwardly sculpted robes for legs.
Ian
My main gripe with Anakin is his lack of weapon or even lack of ability to hold one! He might be a dead Jedi, but he should still have a lightsabre :)
Think Luke Hoth. An alive Jedi with no light sabre. Hated that about the action figure. Just a thought.
Some where in the Outer Rim Territories...

Hugoagogo
Regular
Regular

Post by Hugoagogo »

I've thought of this before, if you were 10 again and going round your mates where a bunch are turning up for a Star Wars battle and you can each take only 1 figure what's the last thing you'd want to turn up with. For me its Lobot, when all your mates turn up with Han, Vader, Luke etc you turn up with a baldy guy wearing a metal head band you're not going to be the coolest kid there that's for sure.

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by steve obi wan »

My least favourite figure is Ev9d9 purely because of the crap built quality, his bloody arms keep falling off !

The least favourite play sets are the cardboard ones , hoth , Sears cantina , rubbish quality :shock:
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

darth_daddius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by darth_daddius »

Grant wrote:
Think Luke Hoth. An alive Jedi with no light sabre. Hated that about the action figure. Just a thought.
Good Point! I always added the blue Jedi lightsabre to that figure when I displayed it. POTF Luke Speeder bike was the same too, wasn't it?

Pat
Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
My collection: (Here on SWFUK:) http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=26200
(On RS:) http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by weasel »

I can't believe no one has said 8D8!? :wink: :lol:

I guess everyone has just assumed he is the worst and we're talking about the worst excluding him!?

Only kidding Joe
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

When you think about it they really came short with Luke, 4 out of the 3 are arguably a poor effort. Bespin, Jedi and Farmboy being the good ones. Kenner probably thought they didn't need to make any effort as long as they called the figure Luke Skywalker they would be popular.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Grant
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Grant »

theforceuk wrote:When you think about it they really came short with Luke, 4 out of the 3 are arguably a poor effort. Bespin, Jedi and Farmboy being the good ones. Kenner probably thought they didn't need to make any effort as long as they called the figure Luke Skywalker they would be popular.
Too true... They totally dropped the ball with the colour choices of the Sabres for some of the Luke's as we know.

Pat, I hear ya. Not sure about the modern Luke Hoth but it wouldn't surprise me. 8)
Some where in the Outer Rim Territories...

darth_daddius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by darth_daddius »

weasel wrote:I can't believe no one has said 8D8!? :wink: :lol:

I guess everyone has just assumed he is the worst and we're talking about the worst excluding him!?

Only kidding Joe
Left him alone out of respect for Joe :)

(but he is pretty boring - just don't tell Joe I said that!)
Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
My collection: (Here on SWFUK:) http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=26200
(On RS:) http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

poncho
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by poncho »

SAVORY100 wrote:Darth's star destroyer coming in a very close second.
:o but your figures can stand on the ceiling :D