Worst Star Wars Figure/Playset in your opinion

indianawars

Sith Lord
I was just wondering what you personally consider is the worst vintage Star Wars action figure or playset?
With the vintage Star Wars toy line being so huge, I figured everyone must have at least one action figure/playset they think looks pretty stupid or pointless. For me, it's FX-7 - As a figure, I think it's rubbish! I understand it has a fan base, but I've never seen the point in it.

I mean really, just look at it! It looks like a sex toy with an arm for crying out loud.

9jlxea.jpg

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Why, FX-7 IS a sex toy! Oh....wait a minute, too much info.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Seriously, I find Power Droid to be completely useless. I know he also has a fan base, but I have never liked ol' sticker face with his clicky legs. I'd say it as my least fave droid in all 6 movies - until I saw that first clip of that rolling beachball called BB-8. :|

For playset, even though I own one, I think the Droid Factory is useless.

Ian

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I don't really have a loose figure I really dislike. Fx7 is an ocd nightmare in a loose collection because he can't stand on a base if that's how your displaying them. I have never been keen on the yak face and barada sculpts either but they are what they are.

There are som really poor playsets though that offer very little. I think the worst is probably jabbas dungeon. It just does nothing and you need such an imagination to do anything with it.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
We had this conversation last weekend at the Midland meeting, Madine had quite a few votes.

As for playsets, I can't think of a single one that I dislike. The Cloud City playset I guess, because of it's flimsy construction and lack of any features - they really dropped the ball on that one, it could have been so much better. Maybe if they'd have based it more on one of the Micro sets.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
Imperial Dignitary and Ewok Village. :?

I always wanted an imp dig. I imagined him as a powerful dark side user as they all looked pale and decrepid in ROTJ.
I think either admiral ackbar or general madine were the least two playworthy. I was too young to appreciate a talking squid and his recognition of traps.
I had the robin hood playset which was the recycling of the ewok playset. I agree it didnt have much play value.

My dad made be a tatooine playset which by far exceeded play value of anything on the market. It was a wooden board, with wallpaper paste and sand coating it to give it a bumpy terrain then painted desert yellow. Then he used a toy tractor to give it sandcrawler tracks, and blood splatters from where some individual had had the misfortune to be ran over. Wish I still had that. Cant put a price on childhood memories.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
Imperial Dignitary and Ewok Village. :?

I always wanted an imp dig. I imagined him as a powerful dark side user as they all looked pale and decrepid in ROTJ.
I think either admiral ackbar or general madine were the least two playworthy. I was too young to appreciate a talking squid and his recognition of traps.
I had the robin hood playset which was the recycling of the ewok playset. I agree it didnt have much play value.

My dad made be a tatooine playset which by far exceeded play value of anything on the market. It was a wooden board, with wallpaper paste and sand coating it to give it a bumpy terrain then painted desert yellow. Then he used a toy tractor to give it sandcrawler tracks, and blood splatters from where some individual had had the misfortune to be ran over. Wish I still had that. Cant put a price on childhood memories.

kieatky

Jedi Master
Another vote for the General from me, complete waste of plastic :? . In terms of playsets, are we talking vehicles as well? if so it's gotta be good old Darth's Star Destroyer, stunning accuracy from film version to toy....... not :x :x :x .

Will

Padawan
When I was a kid the worst figure was Bib Fortuna, I was genuinely terrified, he gave me nightmares.

Now I think he's great and the worst figures for me are some of the Ewoks as they are all too similar. Although strangly I absolutely loved them when I was a kid.

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Anakin for me.

A lot of the bases on the playsets are pretty rubbish so difficult to choose just one.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I never really thought about Madine and I always wanted an Imperial Dignitary as a kid to. Anakin Skywalker has to be up their surely! What playing power has that figure got. Disney should bring out a Vintage Star Wars figure Top Trumps set.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
:shock: power droid hatred, I love the clickey fella ( I'm sure Frank will drop in)

These figures and play sets are vintage therefore all beauty is in the eye of the beholder :D

I don't have any dislikes, just see them for what they are vintage goodness :D it's a varied and colourful world with many tastes, so for me I love em all :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
Worst figure...Anakin, without any doubt. To my mind he's the only figure with zero playability.

Not a huge fan of han carbonite either!

Worst playset... rebel command center!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Hey we all have our opinions & Ian is welcome to be a PD hater, just send all your little blue boxes my way :p personally I love Mr Clickety click :D

I do dislike Ewoks, but the sculpts are all good enough, for me it has to be Luke Poncho, I just hated the stupid moulded on helmet & think it's a really poor sculpt overall, as for playsets, got to agree the Jabbas dungeon is a pile of ewok turd, playability factor of zero.

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
For me the worst play set is the Dagobah Playset - I mean it's just a plastic tree stump,

The worst figure to me is Walrusman, he looks cheap when I was given one as a child I never played with him as I thought he was not from Star Wars, compare him to some of the others that came out before him his sculpt is nasty, I still hold no love for him even now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom