Return of the NIGO - Sothebys auction 11 Dec

iDrew

Padawan
Not sure on the etiquette of posting this, but was reading in the Guardian this morning about an upcoming auction at Sothebys with some pretty amazing stuff in it - Trilogo Madine, DT 12 back Luke, Full set of Revenge proof cards.

Background info here: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/nov/17/sotherbys-first-ever-star-wars-collectibles-auction

Auction info here: http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/2015/return-of-the-nigo-n09402.html

lejackal

Grand Master
If anybody happens to be under my desk this morning could you kindly pass my jaw back up off the floor please!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
poncho said:
:shock:

that 7 pack :eek:

some diamond pieces there!

Tri madine, tri jawa. Love the irish 3 pack

Let me guess; it's got 4 figures in it?

Stunning collection. I'm sure I'll be more of an observer rather than a participant, but will be fun to have a browse through the catalogue.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
If anybody happens to be under my desk this morning could you kindly pass my jaw back up off the floor please!

I hope there isn't anyone under there. I bet you nearly poked there eye out when you saw those items. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Not sure on the valuations of the modern stuff though. Looks like there's a complete trilogo run, a complete potf run and a complete revenge proof run there.

Oh, and that Canadian transition fett. :shock:

lejackal

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
lejackal said:

I hope there isn't anyone under there. I bet you nearly poked there eye out when you saw those items. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Strange men with beards and white sticks must be my secret fetish lol

Grant

Sith Lord
I like the Applause Statue of the 3 bounty hunters priced at £200. I must be easily pleased. 8)

lejackal

Grand Master
Grant said:
I like the Applause Statue of the 3 bounty hunters priced at £200. I must be easily pleased. 8)
Maybe you're just a little more realistic than me sitting here working out a strategy to win the lottery/reconstruct the great train robbery/establish which kidney I'm least attached to :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Someone posted a link to this guys collection about a year ago seem to remember. Some collection and will be interesting to see what price it gets for these items, suprised he's selling it. :shock:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
There are a few things I'm interested in, anybody got experience of bidding with Sotheby's? Can you do it online, or do you have to go there (and if so where?)

What are the buyers premiums like? I noticed it says you have to arrange your own shipping.

lejackal

Grand Master
The option to register to bid is there so I assume you can bid online but I've no experience of Sotheby's.

itfciain

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
There are a few things I'm interested in, anybody got experience of bidding with Sotheby's? Can you do it online, or do you have to go there (and if so where?)

What are the buyers premiums like? I noticed it says you have to arrange your own shipping.

There is some stuff on FB about this - Jordan (Toyhunter) is involved

From what I can tell, all bidding will be on-line, the buyers premium is 25% and you have to log on and register with them - I think I also read that all payments had to be via credit card

I am interested in some bits - although am not holding my breath

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
Sale is in New York but I think it is only on line.Shipping is expensive.
I haven't dealt with them personally but know a couple of people who have.

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
I don't like how they've bucketed stuff together. There are a couple of tris that are interesting, but in big lots of items that I don't want to bid on. Not ideal.

Some amazing stuff though. Be interested to see what they go for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom