Spending Saturday Night Ironing A B-Wing Box

kieatky

Jedi Master
Living life on the edge now I've hit the big 40, Saturday night spent with iron in hand :? .

I recently purchased a boxed B-Wing off Evil Bay, as can be seen in the listing pictures the box has seen better days. The rear cone has snapped off the ship and it also came complete with the original batteries still happily rotting away the battery compartment.

Had a bit of a brain wave when trying to figure out how to improve the box, much to the other halves dismay I decided to get the iron out (first time in years :lol: ) and have a go at ironing out the creases.

Here's some before and after pictures and in my personal opinion it didn't turn out too bad. I've also fixed the broken rear cone and tomorrow will have a go at fixing the electrics.

It's always sad to see a vintage item in a sad state but at least now it's being brought back to life a little :D

BEFORE -

_58_1.jpg

_57_1.jpg

AFTER -

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

craig51

Padawan
Defo worth the effort, marked improvement.

Did you iron straight on or use a cloth? What setting did you go for ?

kieatky

Jedi Master
craig51 said:
Defo worth the effort, marked improvement.

Did you iron straight on or use a cloth? What setting did you go for ?

I feel like a house wife giving out ironing tips :lol: .

I ironed it from the inside, avoiding contact with the printed cardboard and putting pressure onto the box with the iron on max setting ( I looked a bit like James Herriot with his hand up a cow's arse) :lol: :lol: :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's a superb result, nice one. I'd like a nice Tri-logo B-Wing but wouldn't have touched it in the before state but now I'd make a beeline for it!

Lindo

Sith Lord
love the evil bay bit, bit ironic i suppose when im sure we all use it, more than most would like to admit as well im sure, love what you have done to the box though mate 100 times better than before.

theslider

Sith Lord
Had to do some major internal work, it's still a poor box, but now at least it holds its shape better:

DSC00089_zpsyeys5lla.jpg

DSC00090_zpsa4afbvca.jpg

DSC00091_zpsmtuib61q.jpg

DSC00093_zps7f1xmerw.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom