What are the rules on discussing the film?

x-pack

Grand Master
It's almost hours away ...almost. But there may be some folk who aren't seeing it on the first day of release, or even on the second! :eek: I'm going after work in the morning but haven't booked tickets, so who knows.

This may seem obvious but are we holding off posting major spoilers and so on for a few days? It could ruin the experience if people start discussing the plot lines and so on.

To be honest i'll probably just avoid the outside world until Thursday :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think if your really bothered about spoilers then don't go on line at all. I've already decided that Wednesday is out for me as masses amount of people will have seen it by then. I think post what you want as long as it's clear in the title that it's a spoiler.

It seems yesterday that we were all discussing the pre teaser trailer and that was almost 13 months ago! Certain posts have been made recently with people thinking they no what happens, I really hope theirs huge parts of this film we have no idea about yet and their will be more questions than answers after watching it. :wink:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
"What are the rules on discussing the film?"

Not posting in the vintage toy section for a start - you naughty naughty boy :D

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=28

I'm going to see it at midnight but I've taken the day of work because I know the media/internet will be full of spoilers seeing as the French get it a day early. I'm staying at home, PC off, mobile off and only eating porridge

stormcab

Sith Lord
I'll be seeing it on Thursday afternoon. I'll be switching off my internet from midnight of the 17th so no idiot ruins it. So many folk know about me and Star Wars, and they're already annoying the crap out of me sending me every poxy link, Star Wars related, they come across.

I mentioned on Twitter I was beginning the series Dexter, after the last episode had been aired, and some tool was replying with plot spoilers to anyone mentioning Dexter. I wouldn't put it past some idiot to be posting the exact plot as it happens from his cinema seat during the very first showing.

I won't say anything for several weeks unless it's a discussion marked "spoilers"

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Surely as long as any discussion is posted in the films section there isn't an issue?
As far as the rest of the internet is concerned though I think going caveman until you've seen it is probably the only recourse.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
Surely as long as any discussion is posted in the films section there isn't an issue?
As far as the rest of the internet is concerned though I think going caveman until you've seen it is probably the only recourse.

I think this, if it's kept to the new movie section on the forum then those who haven't seen it just need to avoid that area

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
There is a dedicated section in the forum for all discussions about the new film. If you want to talk about, that's the place.

Anyone who doesn't want spoilers, like myself, stay away from it.

Anyone posting outside that section especially with spoilers and no warning in the title, will not be popular! :twisted: :evil:

x-pack

Grand Master
The film section sounds fair enough. I did know it was there but thought to post in the vintage section as it probably gets more traffic, and someone might see before it's too late! :eek:

:wink:

threesheepio

Padawan
The waiting is almost over, just under 4 hours to go to my 12.05 screening :D

As has been said already, any plot discussions should be kept to the film forum and clearly marked as such.

Right, time to switch off the PC and phone. Been waiting 32 years for this, no ****er's going to ruin it for me now :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
Personally I can't wait to discuss the film.

So as long as there is a place on here we can do it, and it's clearly marked for those who haven't seen it yet, I'll be happy 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom