Jason Wingreen passed away R.I.P.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Wanted to it this up here so everyone will see it.

The original and one and only voice of Boba Fett, Jason Wingreen passed away on Xmas morning. Jason was one of the first guys i ever wrote to and got a reply from. He always had time for fans and the world has truly lost a gentleman. He will always be Boba Fetts voice to me, and the lines he spoke made Boba sound so much the character we love.

RIP Jason.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
RIP Jason! Really hated it when they changed Fetts voice! The original voice was far more sinister and evil sounding and portrayed Fetts character to a tee!

That voice change was one of a few ill advised edits in the 'Special Edition' version of Empire IMO!!

stormcab

Sith Lord
Was watching one of the TV Star Wars programs with the missus the other day, and the updated scene with Fett & Vader on Bespin came on. My wife hasn't seen the originals in years (yeah yeah I know) but when Fett spoke with his New Zealand accent, she laughed in a way that suggested "WTF kind of voice is that?". Good girl.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
He was indeed the right voice for the character. Sounded really mean and sinister.

The NZ accent didn't travel very well :(

poncho

Grand Master
very sad. his voice was better than the new zealand fella for sure. one of lucas's school boy errors changing that

[youtube]bHCKVDcVUwk[/youtube]

stormcab

Sith Lord
Someone please give us the heads up when the non messed with originals are released on BluRay please.

tundra9

Sith Lord
RIP...

Don't understand Lucas' logic behind the voice switch, how would boba keep his dialect after so long when there were none speaking that particular one after jango died?
Was he friends with renegade clones?

poncho

Grand Master
i bet he was gutted when lucas cut his voice out of the post PT release on dvd/bluray
bet he didnt tell him either :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom