Postage to Australia

talldroid77

Padawan
Hi,

I've got a member interested in the speeder bike box I have listed. He said it could be sent flat to reduce postage but Royal Mail say max dimension of any one side can be no more than 60cm for a small parcel or printed documents package.

This is a problem as the unpackaged it's gonna be £40 minimum. Just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper carrier all though I'm not holding out too much hope...

plantainman

Jedi Master
i just sent a 1.95kg shoe box to Aus tracked for <£25 with royal mail, so not sure where your prices are from?!?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
You tried parcel2go? Comparison site for postage costs. It's a ****ing pain in the ass for me as it doesn't like Norn Iron, but you lot over the mainland should be fine.

James, Ryan and our other convict (Aussie) members might be able to help as well.

talldroid77

Padawan
Yeah it's a dimensions issue which is a shame as I'm just a few cm over then it goes to parcelforce and the price doubles :roll:

I'll have a look on the comparison site in the morning.

Cheers guys :)

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
To be honest, Royal Mail and Australia Post are both very reliable Postal Offices in my experience. I wouldn't worry about tracked or registered mail if its a low-end item and the buyer is trustworthy. A Speeder bike box isn't that large or heavy either (unless its the 12 inch modern version!). It really shouldn't be anywhere near 40 Pounds.

Pat

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Buyer is this dodgy bugger :lol: It's the empty shipping box- so size not weight is the issue. I appreciate Dave trying to find a cheaper postage option, I may just have to put on my big girl panties and pay the bill :)

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Yes unfortunately, there is no way round the dimension thing with Royal Mail. The limit is pretty tiny, I mean a speeder box case isn't big. I sent one to the U.S and it was about the same price.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
jedisearcher said:
Edit: yeah you're screwed I think :D
bloody convicts :oops:

Not your fault the British postal system is broken mate :D

My edit was just because I was wondering how a speeder bike box needed such a large box, but then I found out it was actually the shipping box.

Hope you get something sorted out.

talldroid77

Padawan
weasel said:
You tried parcel2go? Comparison site for postage costs. It's a ****ing pain in the ass for me as it doesn't like Norn Iron, but you lot over the mainland should be fine.

James, Ryan and our other convict (Aussie) members might be able to help as well.

Cheers for that weasel. I managed to get a cheaper deal at just over £20 through the site 8) :D

talldroid77

Padawan
Richard_H said:
You could change the dimensions by cutting the box up and sending it in an A5 padded envelope.

Good idea! - I may even get some bonus fresh words not yet used in my feedback profile as a result :lol: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
talldroid77 said:
weasel said:

Cheers for that weasel. I managed to get a cheaper deal at just over £20 through the site 8) :D

Cool. It was either Pete or that useless cock loving bastard Andy who told me about Parcel2go so I can't take credit for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom