• Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Emperor's Royal Guard

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
So the final of this years Forum Figure of the Year is finally here and will stay open for 72 hours starting from this point. Two new finalists make up this years showpiece as first 12 and early bird figure Luke Farmboy takes on one of my favourite figures in the Jedi lines Emperor's Royal Guard.

PREVIOUS WINNERS

2016 : ???????????
2015 : Boba Fett
2014 : Stormtrooper

Here is how both finalists got to the this years ultimate prize.

GROUP STAGE

GROUP C
47 points. Emperor's Royal Guard
44 points. R2-D2
24 points. R2-D2 with Sensorscope
17 points. Walrus Man
A tough opening for the ERG where he only just pipped Artoo to qualifying

GROUP W
56 points. Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
42 points. Imperial Gunner
34 points. 2-1B
On paper it looked a real tough group but Farmboy Luke came flying through the early stage

2ND ROUND

Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) 14 v 12 Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot

Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) 4 v 15 Emperor's Royal Guard

It was Farmboy's turn to have a close call match as he went up against the ever popular Luke X-Wing coming through by just two points, whilst the ERG battered what was considered a popular figure in Luke Jedi by a massive 11 points.

3RD ROUND

Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) 12 v 9 Death Squad Commander

Princess Leia Organa 7 v 14 Emperor's Royal Guard

A 12 back battle saw Farmboy come through comfortably but not as easily as ERG as he swept aside another opponent, this time in the form of the busty princess.

QUARTER FINAL

Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) 15 v 12 Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot

Emperor's Royal Guard 17 v 13 AT-AT Driver

Both figures came through comfortably in the quarters as they beat a couple of popular ESB figures in the last 8

SEMI FINALS

Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear) 15 v 18 Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)

Darth Vader 11 v 12 Emperor's Royal Guard

Twice runner up Hoth Stormie couldn't make it three finals in a row as Farmboy came good once again, whilst ERG could only take Vader by a point to set up the big final. Can Luke Skywalker be the first good guy to win the competition

GET VOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mumbo

Sith Lord
Despite the fact LFB is a very iconic figure I grew up and got into the SW franchise around the time of ROTJ so there can only be one choice for me

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
This will be I bigger shock than Leicester City winning the Premeirship if ERG wins. What's going on he's an ornament more than a toy, compared to Luke farmboy. :shock:

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
haha! what a crap final. :lol:

lfb a figure that looks nothing like the film star vs erg? ok, yes a good reflection of the character but erg does bugger all in the films.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Really strange final this year and I'm dumbfounded at the winner. What's the big deal with the erg? Sure the cardback is cool but the figure has zero playability, it's just a guy in a dress with a big stick.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
[quote it's just a guy in a dress with a big stick.[/quote]

That's enough for some people. :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
So voting closed and competition ends with quite a surprising winner, the Emperor's Royal Guard.

In fairness it's one of my favourite figures, and was actually a toss up between him and Greedo for my character focus, so a good winner for me but surprised hes gone all the way and won. I can categorically state that he will definitely not retain his crown in 2017.

Thanks everyone who voted and got involved, appreciate everyones efforts

WINNERS LIST

2016 - Emperor's Royal Guard
2015 - Boba Fett
2014 - Stormtrooper

So far every champion has been of the dark side persuasion. In fact Luke Farmboy this year was the first good guy to ever reach the final, bring on next years.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Had a few PMs and requests on these threads asking for more games like this.

With regard to cardbacks I think it's a never ending pot and would be hard to orchestrate and represent everything.

However, a shorter contest with all the playsets, vehicles, creatures etc could be doable. Won't be as long as drawn out as this but will work out a system on how to run it shortly.

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
Thanks for all your efforts Stuart. Think we can all agree that regardless of who or what figure turned out to win the title, it was interesting, fun and enjoyable for all involved.

Carl

Latest posts

Top Bottom