Shill bidding

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
One thing that really annoys me about ebay is shill bidding (people bidding on their own items with a different account to get the price up) especially when they start to get really greedy. :twisted:

Although I have no proof this is 99.9% guaranteed shill bidding:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140052691340&rd=1&rd=1

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Yup i know the feeling, surely ebay/paypal should be able to pick up on this at the registeration stage??

And guess who has opened the bidding and upped the prices for thes rest, yes you got it the same person!!

spoons

Grand Master
craig report them and they will be banned - it worked for that han hoth guy

this link shows all the items that golfmum333 has bid on, notice any common link :wink:

I think thats proof enough - if you dont report them, I dont mind becoming an ebay supergrass :D

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=golfmum333&completed=1&all=1&rows=25&sort=3

AndyG

Jedi Knight
If you suspect shill bidding you should always report them.

The speed of the feedback for item 140051817914 is under 3 hours for the buyer - neighbours? left accidentally? shill bidding - almost certainly.

I've reported about 12 people for shill bidding this year - unfortunately ebay doesn't let you know the outcome of their investigations and normally I can't be bothered to track the user reported. I think at least half the people reported have had their account suspended / banned though.

mash

Sith Lord
Spoons
How did you get that list of everything that person bid on??

Ps you must grass on these people these are the type of wankers that push the prices up through the roof for all the innocent collectors.

mash

spoons

Grand Master
AndyG said:
If you suspect shill bidding you should always report them.

The speed of the feedback for item 140051817914 is under 3 hours for the buyer - neighbours? left accidentally? shill bidding - almost certainly.

I've reported about 12 people for shill bidding this year - unfortunately ebay doesn't let you know the outcome of their investigations and normally I can't be bothered to track the user reported. I think at least half the people reported have had their account suspended / banned though.

i've reported two people and was told by ebay the outcome on both occasions (one was not enough evidence and the other got banned) - maybe it depends on the individual processing the report :?

I've reported Craig's seller - I'll let you know the outcome

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Crikey thats really crafty of them. I was watching that 3po for a while but its gone to a crazy price. Whats the point of shilling?! Why not just start the item at a higher price. If they really wanted to push the price up you would think they'd just get a friend to bid on it for them. Bastards!

inzaman

Sith Lord
Their AFA items are always overpriced, i remember at the beginning of the year when they had some U85s at Ã'£200, i believe that this C3PO orignally started at Ã'£200. Its a shame that this has happened as the C3PO will be a nice piece.

I did eventually manage to get a U85 China Tie Fighter Pilot from them for Ã'£30 outside of ebay though so at least they are honest in that respect.

spoons

Grand Master
mash said:
Spoons
How did you get that list of everything that person bid on??

Ps you must grass on these people these are the type of wankers that push the prices up through the roof for all the innocent collectors.

mash

mash

If you do an advanced search, go to items by bidder and include completed listings and items that they didn't win, you then get that list.

A real eye opener :shock:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Well they are "no longer registered with ebay", at least for the time being.

I hope they are not using this forum as I feel guilty now and you never know when I might need to use that seller in the future. :oops:

I don't mind a little shill bidding as it seems quite common, although you can never be 100% certain with new ebay accounts but the bidding on the C-3PO was just greedy. :evil:

The C-3PO was a nice piece although I would guess the majority of them that come off cards will get a U90 grade so I can't see it being that rare.

inzaman

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:
The C-3PO was a nice piece although I would guess the majority of them that come off cards will get a U90 grade so I can't see it being that rare.
I dont know, what cards would they have to come off? It can only be the SW cards and some ESB cards as the rest after that were the removeable limbs variant weren't they?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom