An Apology To The SWFUK Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Hi guys,

As some may have noticed yesterday, I've started posting again after a few month's hiatus.

I know when I left, I had caused some bad blood with some members over aggressive negative opinions about the new movie. It caused a lot of drama, and I noticed at least one small discussion mocking me over a rant I did on RS. Fair play. I made an ass of myself. Instead of letting it go with a simple "not for me", I chose to defend my stance as it became personal. No disrespect was ever intended to the membership, but as I tend to post without discretion at times, some were very upset.

I considered coming back and not mentioning it at all, not wanting to bring up the past. After some consideration, though, I think doing that might give people the impression I don't care about the controversy, and that it shows a lot of nerve to just come back as if nothing happened. I want to make it clear that I accept full accountability for a poor representation of myself, and am asking the community here for a fresh start. I can't promise I'll never say I don't like the Disney era, but I will promise to withhold the venom about it from future posts.

Again, I apologize for out of line behaviour last fall, and hope to re-integrate into this community in a positive way moving forward. Cheers all.

Ian

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Ian,

We all lose our tempers mate, it happens. The difference here is that there are not grudges carried. We are all grown adults and if we cant be civil and respect each others opinion then it wont work. Ive had numerous barneys and still consider everyone a friend. Some people take it more to heart than others, and even i do at times.

Good to see you back my friend. And seriously, come to terms with the new films bro - they aint gonna stop, and Rogue One looks amazing. :D

Lee

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Well it takes ball's to admit ones own fault's publicly Ian so well done for taking that step.

I am sure the members will see this post for what it is, they are a great bunch & fairly forgiving, we all have strong opinions on some matters & this is a good forum to air ones views, one just needs to respect everyone else's when doing so.

Welcome back, I look forward to seeing you posting

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm delighted you're back - it's going to take the pressure right off of me when I post about how **** I think the new Rogue One trailer looks - f*ckin girl power all over again!

SW is personal so don't beat yourself up about going off on one, that's the beauty of SWFUK - if anyone looses the plot plenty of people will fire in with a quick reality check - either with humour or swearing (both work)

For what it's worth I really didn't enjoy TFA but we are absolutely in the minority and there is no question that voicing that opinion can get peoples backs up so just go with the flow (or develop a secret drinking habit like me because you no longer feel part of the gang) and be happy for others enjoyment. :D

I'm on holiday this week so plenty time to read your huge posts (seriously mate you can't half type) and looking forward to it, welcome back :D

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Your turn to cry...

:D

Attachments

• figth club.jpg
    figth club.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 493

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
One of the big things about this group is that although we all have differences of opinions no one takes it personally. Don't think you have to apologise but you obviously wanted to so kudos for that.

Welcome back Ian. It's good to have a few individuals around. Good to see you posting again.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
It's good to have a few individuals around.

I didnt realise people didnt post as individuals.. are you saying you post as a group? :lol:

plantman

Sith Lord
Im locking this down before it gets out of hand, read the apology and take it as you will.

Andy

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I've deleted a couple of the posts, as although I understand people have been offended by Ian, as others have said it takes guts to admit you've rubbed people up the wrong way and I'm sure most people will be willing to give you a second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom