Rebelscum going pay per view

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
An interesting development from Mr Wise:-

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1127864

Not sure what goodies they have in store that would convince me to start paying to use those extra features. Maybe you can retain copyright on any images you post if you pay extra?

:p

Jason

lejackal

Grand Master
Now I've done nothing more on RS than read the odd thread and by that I mean less than 20 and whilst I am registered I'm pretty sure I've not even posted so much as an introduction but if one of the things they charge for is FS threads then people will stop selling there and if they don't charge for FS threads then these levels of access will have to offer something pretty spectacular to pull people in no matter how good the cause the funds are going to is.

Unfortunately in this day and age people just don't want to pay for information, they expect it to be free*

Not sure this is the 'Wisest' decision ever made :?:

*And that's not to say that is right as someone has to pay for the software, maintenance and server space (thanks Edd) but ultimately I think its true

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Not a chance will I be paying to access RS! :lol:

It's been dying a slow death for the last couple of years & the only thing I really used it for (classified) is just full of WTB now!

poncho

Grand Master
Dont really like rs i try. Theres alot of bs on there and politics stick to vintage conversation blah blah..

It does have alot of great info on there. So swings and roundabouts i guess.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Yikes.

I agree with Ben. This looks like the end. I wonder if the other sections have suffered as much as the vintage.

I wonder what the privilege of paying would be?

Richard_H

Grand Master
There is nothing on RS now that is worth paying for. The boards are dying, the podcast died and the content on the photo archive is available elsewhere. As said above, it's going to have to be pretty innovative content to make me subscribe.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
I only log in to RS as an afterthought these days. If it affects any content of the forum that is currently free that'll be the end for me.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Gobsmacked.

So they're sitting there thinking Dying Forum, then EUREKA 'i'll charge people for it' that's bound to bring back the masses.

sith-smith

Grand Master
RS was the first forum I ever joined.

Not posted on there in ages. Not sure I'd ever want to pay to be on a forum!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
It's hard to say what impact this will have until we know for sure what areas you have to pay to access, and also, how much you have to pay.

Either way, i don't see it helping RS pull out of it's decline, quite the opposite. It could well be the nail in the coffin.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
RS would have to pay me to use it, pay them to view content they out of their minds?

I'm posting this while sat on the toilet and that's where RS is going.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Like Edd says, it all depends what the paid for content actually is, but whatever it is I can't see anyone paying for it :lol:

Hothmyfave might pay for a dedicated AFA brown-nosing area though.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
"The new forum will include multiple levels of access, with the most basic being free, but some enhancements will have a moderate cost if you wish to take advantage of them. Details on those items, and how we will transition, will come soon.

100% of the funds collected for this will be donated to Rancho Obi-Wan each month for at least the first year, with the intention to continue each year going forward. I'm sure I don't need to tell anybody here why this is a great organization to support."

It sounds intriguing, but as others have said I really cant imagine what 'enhancements' would be offered that might be worth paying for. Will be dire for RS if what it actually turns out to be is that current features, such as the ability to message other members, post FS items, etc are blocked unless you $ub$cribe.

spoons

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
"The new forum will include multiple levels of access, with the most basic being free, but some enhancements will have a moderate cost if you wish to take advantage of them. Details on those items, and how we will transition, will come soon.

100% of the funds collected for this will be donated to Rancho Obi-Wan each month for at least the first year, with the intention to continue each year going forward. I'm sure I don't need to tell anybody here why this is a great organization to support."

It sounds intriguing, but as others have said I really cant imagine what 'enhancements' would be offered that might be worth paying for. Will be dire for RS if what it actually turns out to be is that current features, such as the ability to message other members, post FS items, etc are blocked unless you $ub$cribe.

Interesting - I still check in form time to time but it has gone very much downhill this last year and I wouldn't pay to stay

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
When I started getting back into vintage about 3-4 years ago I lurked on all the forums for a while to get the general taste of the sites, never really warmed to the r.s site, could not tell you why, visually, don't know, but found this site and straight away was laughing at some funny posts involving a sand crawler :lol: and other subjects, say no more, :eek: and knew I had found a home. :D great banter

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom