For those of you not on Facebook, have a look at this.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Morning chaps.

Dave tree has unearthed a massive collection. He hasn't told us the full story but it looks to be an original childhood collection. It spans everything. Worth a look.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1243089659052009&id=583316165029365

Who says vectis get all the good stuff ;)

yoda

Sith Lord
That's amazing excuse me if a stupid question. How do they be sold on these sites? I am not a member on any. Or maybe if i join is the answer is in front of me. Do they go on auction and sold to the highest bidder on a certain date?

Hooch

Jedi Knight
yoda said:
That's amazing excuse me if a stupid question. How do they be sold on these sites? I am not a member on any. Or maybe if i join is the answer is in front of me. Do they go on auction and sold to the highest bidder on a certain date?
Pretty much listed just like on the forums, all must have a price etc. Few have rules that you must post pics showing name and date with item and people who comment on post get 1st dibs. Only one page is a dedicated auction with bid amounts, end times etc. If you don't come through on it with payment you get booted

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Beautiful collection there. Lots of sharp edges on those boxes and the yellow sticker last 17 MOC... drool

Thanks for sharing

yoda

Sith Lord
Hooch said:
yoda said:
Pretty much listed just like on the forums, all must have a price etc. Few have rules that you must post pics showing name and date with item and people who comment on post get 1st dibs. Only one page is a dedicated auction with bid amounts, end times etc. If you don't come through on it with payment you get booted

Ok thank you for that help. It was the Falcon caught my eye :) thats my one grail piece I would love above all else. It was the only ship I ever owned and would love to find one in that condition that's possibly unopened. I will look at joining one of those other sites to improve my chances just not sure yet which one.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
yoda said:
Hooch said:
yoda said:

Ok thank you for that help. It was the Falcon caught my eye :) thats my one grail piece I would love above all else. It was the only ship I ever owned and would love to find one in that condition that's possibly unopened. I will look at joining one of those other sites to improve my chances just not sure yet which one.

Ignore all of the above in this case. If you want to buy anything from something like echo base then all of the above rules etc apply.

This is a collection which has been in storage for many years. It is a one owner from new collection that has been unearthed by a guy called David Tree. Dave owns a toy shop in fordingbridge called "All the cool stuff" which deals in modern and vintage toys, and is a well respected collector, dealer, historian and expert the world over, not just for Star Wars but many other toy lines, vintage and modern. He is also one of the curators of the palitoy archive.

He will be brokering some of this collection, which means he will catalogue what's for sale and price it. You will then have to contact him and discuss any purchase, the way it has been done for years. There will be no photos of a bit of paper with his name on it or anything like that.

It's not for sale yet, so in the meantime enjoy learning about this amazing find and its history.

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
yoda said:
Hooch said:

Ignore all of the above in this case. If you want to buy anything from something like echo base then all of the above rules etc apply.

This is a collection which has been in storage for many years. It is a one owner from new collection that has been unearthed by a guy called David Tree. Dave owns a toy shop in fordingbridge called "All the cool stuff" which deals in modern and vintage toys, and is a well respected collector, dealer, historian and expert the world over, not just for Star Wars but many other toy lines, vintage and modern. He is also one of the curators of the palitoy archive.

He will be brokering some of this collection, which means he will catalogue what's for sale and price it. You will then have to contact him and discuss any purchase, the way it has been done for years. There will be no photos of a bit of paper with his name on it or anything like that.

It's not for sale yet, so in the meantime enjoy learning about this amazing find and its history.
That is a awesome find
I should have made praise on it first instead of answering questions about FB pages
One thing I did notice though is the amount of comments saying 'I want X, pm sent' even though he states he is working it out and nothing is FS yet

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Hooch said:
One thing I did notice though is the amount of comments saying 'I want X, pm sent' even though he states he is working it out and nothing is FS yet

Dave says in the post for people to register their interest with the proviso that everything might not be up for sale.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
:shock: ....Amazing stuff..

Once in a while I dream about someone in my work saying "You're into that Star Wars stuff aren't you? I still have some bits and pieces I put away years ago, would you be interested in it?"

Only to find something like this.... 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
That's a mental find, everything so mint. I really should put more effort into Facebook, but really can't be arsed with it. :lol:

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Looks like a UK version of Chris Fawcett's Big Pick. Definitely looking forward to finding out more about it and hopefully some information on the guy who put the collection together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom