Palitoy Mailers?

thejettasetta

Padawan
Evening all, I was digging through some of my older SW photos, I got back to 2007 & found a few mailer photos. I haven't seen any of these since & wondered if anyone has these as a focus or knows more about them. I never really got into these as a focus & sold them when times were a bit lean when our first lad came along. I look at them now & wish I'd kept them.

There's Boba, Dengar & AT-AT Driver mailers:
boba15_zpsgych8x7p.jpg

bobamailer3_zpsuszn6a64.jpg

bobamailer1_zpsafrh0ub7.jpg

bobamailer4_zpsb8obuao0.jpg

dengar3.jpg

dengar2.jpg

atat8_zpsbawp7ig4.jpg

sith-smith

Grand Master
Those are pretty awesome.

I'm trying to get the baggie figures and related mail away offer.

Not got that far so far! :?

decipher28

Padawan
I'm no expert on mailers and will stand aside and let others fill you in with the details.

But I do know you had some beautiful mailer sets there.The palitoy parker bradgate logo baggies were/are particular sought after,and back when I was collecting more vigorously around 2004/5 I was always on the look out for one.They didn't show up that regularly.I don't know what the perceived rarity is nowadays.

Great pics! Nicely displayed,excellent condition,look mint,no wonder you wish you still had them.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
There was a Dengar mailer on Ebay aout 7/8 months ago and sold for about £300 if I remember correctly. Haven't seen the AT-AT one though. Nice mailers you had, I bet the Boba one is worth a few quid now.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Now we're talking! :)

Firstly, NEVER seen that At At Driver, rare is an understatement on that.

Dread to think what that Fett mailer would be worth ATM. Were there any markings on the box, like address details?

As for the Dengar related stuff, I have been trying to collect as much on this Palitoy mail away for some time and it's proving very difficult to say the least. For one of Palitoy's major promotions there seems to be very little out there. As previously stated the last Dengar baggie with box sold for £300 (and I didn't get it! :cry: ). Even Dengar Palitoy card backs are proving to be a tough find!

I do have some pieces though:

DSCN2156.jpg

DSCN2157.jpg

DSCN2158.jpg

I picked the letter and figure up about 3 years ago, directly from original owner. The figure is the actual one that Palitoy sent him in the end.

The other item is the postcard similar to the Fett one you have. I got this from a fellow forum member and mate about 18 months ago (thanks Stef!) who knew I was after Dengar items.

I have been told there is a Dengar leaflet, similar to the Fett design and the advert you have there but I have yet to see it.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Palitoy mailers are one of the toughest things to find, very very rare, the dengar hardly ever crops up, as for the fett, do you know if this came in the ROTJ era timed promotion?? as I have never seen a palitoy fett mailer with that baggie before & as has been asked is the box addressed as it would seem so.

Right as for the at at driver, that really is a curve ball, are you 100% sure you got this as a mailer?? as there are no records of this figure ever being offered as a mailer, so would be superb to hear any info you may have on that one, in terms of the promotion & what era, if it is indeed a genuine mailer, as has been said those bradgate parker baggies are almost as tough to find as the actual palitoy mailers, have only ever seen 3 figures in that baggie with Dengar being the easiest of the 3 to find, this is only the 2nd example of the at at driver I have seen in one

thejettasetta

Padawan
I think at the time I was having a bit of a Fett fetish
DSCF1260_zpsyevnv3sw.jpg

I was offered the Fett mailer with all of the other baggies with it so I took it all. I'd seen the Bounty Hunter promotional leaflet & advert, thought they were very cool so when an actual mailer came up I wanted it. The postcard & the name on the mailer box were the same, but then the name on the mailer was only hand written but the mailer had a Royal Mail postmark on it.

But then I changed focus after finding out about RR Lili Ledy Fett & then I fell in love with all the Mexican LL variations & then we started a family so some things started to get sold including these baggies. I never really found out a lot about them.

I couldn't be 100% that the ATAT driver hadn't been put in a mailer box, it was completely plain, no address, no labeling etc. I can't remember the story behind it either.

Good to see some other Dengar related stuff, the letter is very cool.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Some fantastic items that you had, sorry to read you do not have them anymore and also sorry that I can't help you with about where they are today :(

I hope you find them again :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom