Sorry, spotting repro weapons again

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm sure everyone is bored of this subject by now, but as prices are going crazy on accessories I want to make sure none of mine are repros. I have 3 Luke Farmboys, and I'm struggling to tell if the sabres are all legit. They all float and are exactly the same shade of yellow. None have any letters or markings on the hilts. I'm confused because according to the TIG guide:

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/lightsaberssection.htm

The ReValveiT ones look identical to the real thing (float, correct colour etc.) Any concrete ways of proving one way or another?

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
i had same problem and in the end i purchased some of the better repros off ebay so that i could compare.
got one luke off ebay with original saber so i was told and when it came the saber looked good :) but when i compared it to the repro i had purchased using a magnifier i found them to be exact :( messaged seller and he insisted it was legit and said he had been selling vintage for years blah blah blah but he did replace it for another that i was much happier with. :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
I'm sure everyone is bored of this subject by now, but as prices are going crazy on accessories I want to make sure none of mine are repros. I have 3 Luke Farmboys, and I'm struggling to tell if the sabres are all legit. They all float and are exactly the same shade of yellow. None have any letters or markings on the hilts. I'm confused because according to the TIG guide:

The ReValveiT ones look identical to the real thing (float, correct colour etc.) Any concrete ways of proving one way or another?

The old black light test can work as I found that the real ones glow slightly and the ReValveiT ones just look black. I know that ReValveiT did melt down some broken sabres to make a limited DT run (for Luke), so no idea how these would compare.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:

I agree black light test works :D But that is also why I buy childhood lots, so I can compare weapon variants and so I am sure they are 100% original. I sill have some capes with no zip sound that I am not sure about is original :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom