Favourite figure character name

BlueDog

Sith Lord
We've had a lot of of most liked or disliked figures over the years but I'd be interesting to know who everyone considers their favourite name in the vintage line. Star Wars is full of clever word play and cool stories behind the characters names so which is your favourite or least favourite.

I'll start, for mine purely based on name alone it would have to be Salacious Crumb and a close second Obi Wan Kenobi. Just love the way those names sound and Salacious Crumb is so accurate for the character.

Section 8

Sith Lord
I don't really have a favourite figure name, but do think those who are named after how they look are a bit lame. Walrus face, Squid head, Pruneface etc.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
R2D2

It's a modern day classic name now. Everyone knows who he is, which for a bunch of random letters and numbers is pretty impressive.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Ree Yees tickled me when I found out his name as an adult

Prune Face is pretty funny

Jabba has made his way into everyday language.

Salcious Crumb is simply brilliant. Loads to choose from!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Lucas certainly had a great imagination for names but they're not all original.

Taunton and Wookey are both places in the west cuntry, the latter has the added bonus of offering tours around his hole. :)

http://www.wookey.co.uk/famous-caves/

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Favourite - Han Solo.

Least favourite - Chief Chirpa, what's he suppose to be a bird crossed with an Ewok?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Of the figures Kenner made, I always liked the name Amanaman best. However, I do chuckle at Ree Yees and its relatively witty word play on 'three eyes'.

Of the figures they didn't make, but should have, I always liked the name Tooth Face (because it's so rubbish!) and Ephant Mon (because it's the Elephant Man, and what's not to like about that? :D ).

stormcab

Sith Lord
I've always thought the droid names were pretty cool. The way they rolled off the tongue. Also like that even the letter and numbers would be abbreviated and thus creating an almost human side to them "R2" or "3PO". Although it isn't said in any of the films, I'll go "EV-9D9" as it has a nice lyrical liquid sound to it.

x-pack

Grand Master
4-LOM

Apparently stands for 'for love of money'. Is that actually true, and where did the story originate?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
4-LOM

Apparently stands for 'for love of money'. Is that actually true, and where did the story originate?

I think it was something to do with the money that Kenner were raking in off the license - not sure if it was someone at Kenner or someone from Lucasfilm though.

Section 8

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
x-pack said:
4-LOM

I think it was something to do with the money that Kenner were raking in off the license - not sure if it was someone at Kenner or someone from Lucasfilm though.

I think this is an urban myth. All this 4 = for is modern text speak bullshit. It's missing a "The" which could have easily been added for a driod. 4 - TLOM. Makes it sound a bit northern. :D

IN ADDITION

Lobot also has flesh coloured "Marigolds" on the soft twat. He's just got back from a RADA meeting and is doing the dishes with his fancy gloves and modern headphones on. "No no, earplugs are too small. I need to be seen to be cool by wandering the streets with a massive pair of ****ing headphones on so you know I'm listening to some tunes through a new trendy named brand that you've never heard off because your over 30. Better than your big pair of panasonic headphones that you only wear at home while alone because your ashamed of them."

Twat

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Bossk, "we don't need that scum" apparently he was to be one of the cantina creatures nickname "croc" catalogued as Saurin and was repainted as a bounty hunter , why did he, and his mates not have a bigger role in Empire, never understood that. Always liked the look of Bossk as a kid. Thought his face looks a little like Snaggs face ? Will he get a Disney spin off film, would if I was in charge :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom