been stiffed on ebay again

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

been stiffed on ebay again

Post by edd_jedi »

well the run of good luck didn't last long :lol:

i bought a 21 back luke x-wing a few days ago, i already had one but this looked dead mint and was listed at a silly time so i got it cheap.

however upon arriving today, it's a bloody recard. first one i've fallen for :oops:

it's scarey how good it is though, you can tell that it is when sat next to an original, but it sure looked genuine in the auction. the bubble is very close, and the card stock is pretty good (if a bit too glossy.)

i didn't notice that the gun was taped to the side, which of course it shouldn't be, but the seller had responded to a few questions saying it was definitely genuine, so i don't think he can wriggle out of giving me a refund. :roll:

here's a pic anyway - genuine one on the left.

craignwo4life
In Memory Of...
In Memory Of...

Post by craignwo4life »

Well at least you have a variant LXW figure Edd. :lol:

Your original one looks like the China COO and the recard a Hong Kong one. :wink:
PhantomShadow
In Memory Of...
In Memory Of...

Post by PhantomShadow »

thats crap to hear that happening to someone.

I wouldn't say thats a recard - its a custom card. Awhile back on IOP there was talk about a dodgy x-wing Luke on ebay and that one you got has the same problem - there is no text under the Star Wars title. Not all figures have that, but we discovered that most Luke pilots did.

Hope you can get a refund - perhaps report him to ebay?
Show them that comparsion pic as there is a lot of difference in the colour tones.

Of course if it was really cheap you could always free the figure from his plastic prison
Lee Gregory
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by Lee Gregory »

Just out of interest Edd who was the seller,just to save anyone else on the forum buying fake goods?
Of course he will probably say he thought it was a genuine figure.
This Is Red 5 I'm Goin In!!
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Post by edd_jedi »

cocofstar
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by cocofstar »

Unlucky mate, hope you get your money back :wink:
Gotta love those variations :wink:

Bollux
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Bollux »

Bad luck Edd.

as well as the text not being underneath the SW logo, you can also see that the Kenner logo is in a slightly wrong position compared to the original.
jedi_masters
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by jedi_masters »

i really hate people that do this, it ruins collecting!!it doesnt say anywhere in the auction that it is a recard, bastard!!!

i think we should seet up an ebay account just to fight back against these people and bid stupid amounts so no-one else gets conned like edd.
inzaman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by inzaman »

i really hate people that do this, it ruins collecting
Same here, if someone who didnt know the difference had brought this then it would have been real bad; its definitely good that you had one to compare it to.
Graham_Marshall
Regular
Regular

Post by Graham_Marshall »

Ed that sucks. I think it wopuld have foled me too. Some times I have seen what I want my eyes to see on eBay :? Good luck in getting your money back.
mash
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by mash »

Edd that is a real shit bag! He does state its an original in the questions he answered.

comparing the two it seems that there is a lot more edge to the recard/custom and the colours are different I wouldnt have been able to tell if I had bought it!

mash
TWOFOOT
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by TWOFOOT »

It is so easy to bid on something when the seller tells you its genuine. When you realise you have been fooled only THEN do you start to look closeley at the auction pictures.
You will easly be able to get your money back through paypall.
I think we should have a sticky called WALL OF SHAME where only you can post and each bad seller has 1 post about him with his name and reason for being there. If we have a locked topic with only 1 post per shamed person it will be easy to look at.
This can only lead me down a dark path....... Again. Lol
boba frett
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by boba frett »

The edges of the recard also look a bit too square. Notice that none of the auction pics show the edges - this guy knew what he was doing.

I thought E-bay were cracking down on recards :evil:
Fitzy
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by Fitzy »

boba frett wrote:I thought E-bay were cracking down on recards
They often make a lot of noise about clamping down of things but never do it properly. They hide behind their philosophy of it being pretty much a free and self regulating community. More likely that as long as they get their money they're more than happy.
Rudyard
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by Rudyard »

The swines! Its just so hard to tell these days. Even when you have them in your hand its hard to be sure sometimes. Not like 5/6 years ago when recards were pretty much unheard of. Such a shame.
...and these blastpoints. Too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise