been stiffed on ebay again

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
well the run of good luck didn't last long :lol:

i bought a 21 back luke x-wing a few days ago, i already had one but this looked dead mint and was listed at a silly time so i got it cheap.

however upon arriving today, it's a bloody recard. first one i've fallen for :oops:

it's scarey how good it is though, you can tell that it is when sat next to an original, but it sure looked genuine in the auction. the bubble is very close, and the card stock is pretty good (if a bit too glossy.)

i didn't notice that the gun was taped to the side, which of course it shouldn't be, but the seller had responded to a few questions saying it was definitely genuine, so i don't think he can wriggle out of giving me a refund. :roll:

here's a pic anyway - genuine one on the left.

fake_lukexwing.gif

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Well at least you have a variant LXW figure Edd. :lol:

Your original one looks like the China COO and the recard a Hong Kong one. :wink:

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
thats crap to hear that happening to someone.

I wouldn't say thats a recard - its a custom card. Awhile back on IOP there was talk about a dodgy x-wing Luke on ebay and that one you got has the same problem - there is no text under the Star Wars title. Not all figures have that, but we discovered that most Luke pilots did.

Hope you can get a refund - perhaps report him to ebay?
Show them that comparsion pic as there is a lot of difference in the colour tones.

Of course if it was really cheap you could always free the figure from his plastic prison

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Just out of interest Edd who was the seller,just to save anyone else on the forum buying fake goods?
Of course he will probably say he thought it was a genuine figure.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
here's the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&item=320036243970

bummer. :lol:

Bollux

Grand Master
Bad luck Edd.

as well as the text not being underneath the SW logo, you can also see that the Kenner logo is in a slightly wrong position compared to the original.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
i really hate people that do this, it ruins collecting!!it doesnt say anywhere in the auction that it is a recard, bastard!!!

i think we should seet up an ebay account just to fight back against these people and bid stupid amounts so no-one else gets conned like edd.

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
Ed that sucks. I think it wopuld have foled me too. Some times I have seen what I want my eyes to see on eBay :? Good luck in getting your money back.

mash

Sith Lord
Edd that is a real **** bag! He does state its an original in the questions he answered.

comparing the two it seems that there is a lot more edge to the recard/custom and the colours are different I wouldnt have been able to tell if I had bought it!

mash

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
It is so easy to bid on something when the seller tells you its genuine. When you realise you have been fooled only THEN do you start to look closeley at the auction pictures.
You will easly be able to get your money back through paypall.
I think we should have a sticky called WALL OF SHAME where only you can post and each bad seller has 1 post about him with his name and reason for being there. If we have a locked topic with only 1 post per shamed person it will be easy to look at.

boba frett

Jedi Master
The edges of the recard also look a bit too square. Notice that none of the auction pics show the edges - this guy knew what he was doing.

I thought E-bay were cracking down on recards :evil:

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
boba frett said:
I thought E-bay were cracking down on recards

They often make a lot of noise about clamping down of things but never do it properly. They hide behind their philosophy of it being pretty much a free and self regulating community. More likely that as long as they get their money they're more than happy.

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
The swines! Its just so hard to tell these days. Even when you have them in your hand its hard to be sure sometimes. Not like 5/6 years ago when recards were pretty much unheard of. Such a shame.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i have just received a refund, the seller was very apologetic and claimed he got it from a boot sale not knowing it was a prepro.

whether that's true or not i don't know, but if you look at his other items he is not a star wars dealer. he didn't mess me about at all, so full credit to him. 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom