Big thanks to my friend for a huge lot

Pomse2001

Grand Master
After some of you guys have asked me about to share pictures from a big lot that I got last year. I finally found the time to take pictures of the lot.

Here comes the story. Last year I visited one of my great fellow danish friends for a trade of some vintage star wars. We did a great trade both of us and we had a great long talk as always about vintage star wars over a cup of tee. Later that evening he told me he had some figures that he wanted to sell on the internet. I asked him if I could look at them, because maybe I wanted to buy some of them. He then told me, if I was fast I could have them all for £400 and it was the figures displayed on the shelf behind me. I turned my head around for 1 second and looked at the figures on the shelf and said I take them.

I asked him why the **** he did not wanted more for them and he told me, he did not want to use his time on selling them one figure at the time, only as a lot. He told me he had found tham all in some danish childhood collections and this figures was what there was left after he had kept the items he wanted from the lots.

All the figures was on stands and we began to pack them down, it took about one hour for 2 people to pack them down in some ziplock bags :lol:

There was about 300 figures so the price was fantastic. I big thank you to my fellow danish friend.

It took me a 1 year to get through the lot in the search for new variants that I was missing in my collection :lol: To my big surprise more than 50% was variants that I did not have :shock:

I will upload the pictures this evening when I get home from work :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
PulsarP said:
Wow Pomse, great story.
I haven't seen the pics yet and already I'm jealous :p

Yes I was also happy and very surprised that he would sell them for such a good price.

I will upload the pictures in a few min. :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
indianawars said:
Fantastic story. It never fails to amaze me the kindness and generosity of the collecting community.

Yes it was very nice of him to sell it to me for such a good price :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
scott82 said:
Great story, always good when collectors help each other out.Cant wait see the pics. :D

Thanks, pictures uploaded. Yes we are both variant collectors, but he only have a focus on a few characters and I have a focus on them all. So I think
it was why he asked me to buy them :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Great haul Lars - plenty of army builders too!

Yes I always keep soldiers and troops for army building, so it was great to get some more of those :D

Thanks for the kind words :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom