Game changer for posting from UK to America!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This should help some of you posting larger items like vehicles and playsets, I have just noticed that Hermes now do USA deliveries through USPS:

https://www.parcel2go.com/service/usps-via-ocs

I booked on parcel2go.com last night, and sending a 3kg parcel which was pretty big (55x40x25) cost £28 with £100 insurance, almost half what the likes of UPS, Parcel Force etc wanted.

plantman

Sith Lord
Yeah that is pretty good, best quote i could get was £40 with UPS saver

might switch back to parcel2go, although they were a pain paying out on a claim, took about 3 months.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
plantman said:
although they were a pain paying out on a claim, took about 3 months.

Let's face it, they are all **** when something goes wrong. I've had to make claims through Royal Mail, Interparcel and parcel2go for various reasons including damage in transit and total loss (by them.) It was a ballache each time. So I always just go for the cheapest option I can find knowing that in the unlikely event something goes wrong, it will not be straight forward.

plantman

Sith Lord
True, i always use my credit card too, if they fail to honor their insurance agreement credit card companies can also help

scott82

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
plantman said:

Let's face it, they are all **** when something goes wrong. I've had to make claims through Royal Mail, Interparcel and parcel2go for various reasons including damage in transit and total loss (by them.) It was a ballache each time. So I always just go for the cheapest option I can find knowing that in the unlikely event something goes wrong, it will not be straight forward.

Same here!

itfciain

Grand Master
They are probably using the same deal with UPS that Transglobalexpress do (they are also really good for prices from UK-US)

UPS have planes coming over to the UK full but don't have nearly the same amount of business coming back - hence they probably sell this space cheap to the likes of Transglobal and now P2G

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
plantman said:

So true.

Great news for taking advantage of the strong dollar on larger items, though. Thanks for sharing, Edd.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, thanks for the tip. I too have recently discovered Parcel2go and have used them to send a parcel to Germany via Parcel Force for one third of what Parcel Force were asking for exactly the same service on their own website! Parcel Force wanted £65, but Parcel Force through Parcel2go wanted closer to £20! I have also used Parcel2go to send a parcel within the UK and again, made a saving over Parcel Force's prices. I shall start using Parcel2go for all my parcel deliveries from now on.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Yes, thanks for the tip. I too have recently discovered Parcel2go and have used them to send a parcel to Germany via Parcel Force for one third of what Parcel Force were asking for exactly the same service on their own website! Parcel Force wanted £65, but Parcel Force through Parcel2go wanted closer to £20! I have also used Parcel2go to send a parcel within the UK and again, made a saving over Parcel Force's prices. I shall start using Parcel2go for all my parcel deliveries from now on.

Just be warned that they can need extra special assistance in paying claims. Had to take them to court. For £20......

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Snaketibe said:

Just be warned that they can need extra special assistance in paying claims. Had to take them to court. For £20......

Ahh.... That's not good :? . Thanks for the warning. I do try to make my packaging as bullet-proof as possible, hopefully reducing the likelihood of a claim whichever carrier I am using. However if the worst happens and a claim needs to be made, information like this is very useful, so thanks again.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
NEVER use Parcelforce!!!!!!!!!!!

After their efforts with my POTF Yoda I would never get tired of punching the cheeky ****ers. "yes sir, it was well packaged and undamaged when we collected it. Yes sir, it was ****ed when it arrived, but we aren't liable!" Claim rejected. Case closed.
One small claims court case date issued and the day before they agree to pay out after offering me 40% of my claim a week before.

I can see the logic in what they did, it was an expensive claim, but any company that is preferred to **** you over when it drops a bollock is best avoided.

plantman

Sith Lord
i use transglobal express, they paid out on a claim with no hassle at all, it was only £120 though, and i always use credit ca to back me up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom