My most treasured piece..whats yours...?

rdpla

Jedi Knight
so my little boy has started showing an interest in Star Wars...(hoorah)
Hes also started to earn some pocket money and with his very first allowance, he said to mummy he wanted to buy me a birthday present as he didnt have any money to buy me one in August...Whilst i was out one evening, mamma helped him bid on the auction and he won. Including postage about 5 bucks..

It arrived and i was totally over the moon...
never mind its a total beater and stapled back onto the card.....
I said to him are you ok spending your money on toys for papa and you know what he said...Thats ok papa, one day they will be my toys....!!.... :eek: :lol:

Rob

kansuke_1998-img400x600-14726200399h57gy20440.jpg

plantman

Sith Lord
Mine is my klaatu skiff 77 back proof card, alongside the moc i have if i sold all my vintage toys i would keep just those two :)

Attachments

• klaatu_77_proof.jpg
    klaatu_77_proof.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 609

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I've posted this many times over the years but it's always the same answer. This is the only MOC I have left from my original 90s collection, bought at a collecting shop in Poole in around 1994/1995. It cost me £100 and at the time that was a **** load of money, most MOCs were in the £15-25 range. I sold most of my early collection when I first got in to trilogos back in the early 2000s, but kept this one. I also count myself double lucky to still have him as he was stolen in 2007, and I got it back in 2012 thanks to forum detective Joe.

luke_xwing1.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Robstyley said:
Got to be my complete childhood battle damaged X-Wing. It was a Christmas present from my Nan and I've had it for about 33 years :D

Oh yes, I forgot I found some of my childhood figures recently! Now I can't decide :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
The ugly kid Joe song just popped into my head. "I'm gonna be like you dad" :lol:

Great story and I like his thinking :)

x-pack

Grand Master
My favourite item has to be blue snag. I always prattle on about this but the Sansweet book was a huge influence on my collecting aspirations back when it came out. That book opened up a new side of vintage star wars toys for many I'm sure.

Obviously featured was a blue snag so to me that was the pinnacle. Obtainable, not like the rocket firing fett.

My stepdad always jokingly asked if I picked one up yet. Last year I went round with some figures and was finally able to say 'yes' I got one :D

...actually, thinking about it, that original sansweet book is probably my most treasured item with snag being number two.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've always loved the x-wing so it has to be my childhood palitoy x-wing :) always found this eye pleasing just the same as the galactica viper both iconic designs

scott82

Jedi Knight
Mine would have to be my loose obi wan figure as it was the first piece i ever got and.... its what started it all off :)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well if we r talking sentimental treasure it would have to be my entire childhood collection which isn't vast at all. As for my current collection as I have said many times b4 if I had to loose all but one piece I would b keeping my mint Palitoy 12 back A Luke Skywalker 8)

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Here is the prized possession of my collection, and something I only recently added a few months ago, so it makes for a banner 2016 for me. There was a recent find of some silicon molds for certain later figures, and one of them was for Han Solo in trenchcoat. I am a Han Solo focus collector and also collect preproduction items, so this ticks all the boxes for me. Original molds for the Kenner figures exist in incredibly low quantities, and the molds themselves are relatively delicate, so the fact that this survived and made it into my collection is a blessing.

488E5F6E-FEAE-4377-8082-BF478734A8D1_zpsmakwpo67.jpg

2F4A8ACE-638D-4C5D-90FF-86D8F72B19FA_zpsysbu0ecj.jpg

82DF3878-F16D-4D09-BFE3-926ABB5A90D3_zpsjyjw0gej.jpg

C44B3BC1-2748-4026-A07C-E3F93CE8948D_zps1st6bhix.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom