eBay - Do I need the stress ?

Leemcl

Jedi Master
After some views. I got a ESB Bespin guard with a cracked bubble from Iain. It was not perfect but I knew this and he sold to me at a great price. As I am trying to fund another purchase I am selling a few MOC's via eBay ( I offered them all here and had not much interest as a job lot or individually so I am swimming with the sharks & I hate selling Vintage in fleabay)

So anyway I listed this figure @ 99p - what it gets it gets. ( see listing #401205498001)

Today someone sent me the folllowing message;

"Hi, this is clearly a recard as how can the figure have damage to its hand if it has never been out?

Would be careful selling this as genuine if I was you, thanks"

This has really pissed me off. I don't recall Iain EVER selling recards - he is without doubt first class and it's not what he does ! & I would NEVER sell anything recarded without being totally clear. I think that the figure has just rubbed on the plastic over the decades and that's all this is. I have a Lando that is graded and has down the same..... am I right or is clever cloggs right ? - is there a problem with this figure ? )

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Just someone putting in an opinion probably not with any experience.

I personally have seen this in sealed pieces that are definitely not recards. As you say figures are loose in the bubble and can rub on the bubble.
Also the paint application at factory stage we all know could be slap dash and what looks like a rub can be just a bad paint job

Don't stress it Lee, once your out in the fleabay arena, then you are at the mercy of all and sundry.

lejackal

Grand Master
Luke Jedi, A-Wing Pilot, Imp Dig and many other figures are very often found on perfect MOCs with nose rubs, hand rubs, all sorts of rubs - some days it's easier to find a Vlix than it is a Trilogo without paint rub on the inside of the bubble. Just ignore the prick and add him to your block list so he can't try and **** you over

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Thanks guys.

To be positive..... it is silly people like him that remind just how good a place this forum is !

And to think I have to pay about 15% in fees for the pleasure of eBay :?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Ebay is populated with some of the biggest idiots that's true. I don't sell via ebay unless I absolutely have to becasue of this.

FB is also full of 'experts' :roll:

My advice is to not reply to the idiot, block him and anyone else who even slightly pisses you off. Life is too short.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Simple, just reply politely and tick the "show on my listing" box so that other people can see your reasoning as to why it's not a recard. Embarrassing him will do you better than arguing.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've got a MOC Bossk with paint wear on he thumb. These are toys, produced as quickly and cheaply as possible and dumped into buckets before being sent off to be carded. We may treat them with kid gloves but the factory staff sure as hell didn't. Some wear then or against the bubble is completely reasonable. If all figures were mint then why would AFA award them a separate grade?

Point all this out then also point out he's talking **** and he needs to check eBay listings for a new life because his is clearly crap. And block the throbber, too.

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
You'll always get some twat trying to get money off. I've had trouble before with some loose figures I sold and the buyer said they were beaters (they certainly wasn't!). I always offer them to send them back to me and I will issue a full refund and they seem to back down then. Twat said he'd already given them to his daughter to play with.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Totally agree about selling here first.

Although I listed about 8 MOC's and sold one on here ( and said I'd take offers :( ) I sold all the rest on fleabay for about same value as listed here but It' always pisses me off when I have to pay eBay 15%.

This forum is the way to go most of the time ( thank god )

Palifan

Sith Lord
I made an offer the other of $3 less than the $20 asking price....the seller came back with a counter offer of $19.75! I did ask them why bother listing it as a best offer when they clearly weren't interested in offers.

Pointless!

Ian

wrighty

Sith Lord
Totally agree, waste of time. If you not going to take at least 10-20% off with best offer don't use that option. :evil:

Palifan said:
I made an offer the other of $3 less than the $20 asking price....the seller came back with a counter offer of $19.75! I did ask them why bother listing it as a best offer when they clearly weren't interested in offers.

Pointless!

Ian

ODB

Jedi Master
wrighty said:
Totally agree, waste of time. If you not going to take at least 10-20% off with best offer don't use that option. :evil:

Well the flip side is that I had the offer option on one of my items (its not Star Wars so don't get excited) and people were making offers less than 50% of the BIN price. I'm up for a little maneuvering but 50%-60% off is taking the piss. Weirdly someone just paid the full asking price after a few days. I like some people are just odd.

Now to just get the funds unlocked as buying and selling for 15 years is not enough history for paypal.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I found a guy near me selling something I liked on BiN. It was overpriced and had done 2 30-day stints untouched. I offered to purchase it for a fair price which equated to about £5 less than he'd get after fees and I'd go pick it up from him. He pretty much ageeed it and said he was checking for any other vintage he had. Then he went silent... and it's now back on ebay at the same price.

Then I had some other non-SW stuff on a facebook page at about 10% below market value. Some clown offers me 1/5th of my price because he already has them and "they're a present for a friend". Wanker.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom