Loose collection

Good afternoon. We're doing a project and really need the loose vintage star wars run. Would anyone be prepared to lend them to us? We have a collector who is lending the carded run but need complete loose too.
Preferably with weapons and in Yorkshire.
Thank you.
Marc and Debby

mumbo

Sith Lord
Form an orderly queue lads.........

You'd really need to provide more information if you want any collector to 'lend' you their prized collection.

Well we run a star wars/vintage collection shop near Leeds. We obviously would have to get to know the person before they would trust us.
Star wars Collectors are generally a friendly bunch, Saturday past we were in Blackpool in Brooks collectable's and we're only in 5 min when he offered to let us use his collection. If only it was closer.
We also write a collector blog on talk star wars. Just 2 issues in but have had good feedback so far.

plantainman

Jedi Master
Blueharvestleeds said:
Well we run a star wars/vintage collection shop near Leeds. We obviously would have to get to know the person before they would trust us.
Star wars Collectors are generally a friendly bunch, Saturday past we were in Blackpool in Brooks collectable's and we're only in 5 min when he offered to let us use his collection. If only it was closer.
We also write a collector blog on talk star wars. Just 2 issues in but have had good feedback so far.

Surely you already have a collection, Otherwise, what do you stock?

lejackal

Grand Master
Blueharvestleeds said:
Yes. Need front, back and 360 shots.
It's for valuation of the vintage line.
Valuation for whom? I would expect a retailer of vintage goods to know what they are worth otherwise buying and selling would be quite challenging?

Do you have information on where I can find someone who will help?
I do know how much they are worth but some people don't. That is why I want to help with that.

maxf

Jedi Master
Thanks.

It's a bit of a stretch for me to 'lend' stuff out like that (location says London but I'm in Leeds a lot) - but your shop seems legit so maybe a local collector will help out. I suspect you'll have to feed someone tea and biscuits while you take the photos, rather than them leave them with you though. Good luck.

Thank you. Yes I'd feed the person all the tea and biscuits they wanted.
As I said a local collector is lending me the full carded collection and we're getting insurance.
We are fully legit. Have sponsorship on talk star wars podcast.

wrighty

Sith Lord
I think you are going to struggle to get anyone even with limitless tea and biscuits to lend you their Star Wars collection for your project. I suggest start looking online for a reference guide and pictures, there are millions of images available. You can use those images as place holders till you get the items yourself in the future and you can photograph all you like. I think that is your best bet otherwise you are barking up the wrong tree here!! :D

BTW I would like to meet the person lending you the full MOC run!!

wrighty

Sith Lord
Blueharvestleeds said:
Don't want to use other people's work. You should of all people should know not to use repros.

I think the word you looking for is plagiarism rather than repros, if you reference the images you use and declare they are not yours, I see no reason for using them.

lejackal

Grand Master
Blueharvestleeds said:
Don't want to use other people's work. You should of all people should know not to use repros.
What about this then :lol:
http://blueharvestvintage.co.uk/product/c3po

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom