Got My Loose Figures Down From The Loft After 25 Years - Stickyness Question

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
So I got my loose figures down from the loft today after about 25 years up there to join them up with the ones that i've been collecting the last few years, a lot of them are slightly sticky and some have frosting, 20 years they were in an old suitcase and the last 5 or so years they've been in a big sealed tupperware box, sounds a bit of a stupid question but just wondering if it's safe to wash them with soap and water ? I tried washing one low value figure and it seemed to get rid of the stickyness but thought I would ask this question before I start cleaning the more valuable first 12/last 17 etc, or is there any other way to get rid of the stickyness ? Thanks

SWfigures_zps0if2ztup.jpg

maxf

Jedi Master
Soap and water is fine. However, the stickiness is likely the plastic degrading so won't really come off. Figures don't like sealed plastic boxes or bags in my experience.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Some of miner were, but not all.
It seemed to be mostly the white figures including Luke farmboy.

momike

Jedi Master
I don't think I've seen a max Rebo that blue looking before looks super clean :wink:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Amazing loft find :) yes I use a soft brush and washing up liquid/hot water, works fine. As others have said avoid things like emblems.

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Haha I have a few Jawas, this is jus about half of my loose collection , the other half are the ones I've collected in the last few years, will try and get a pic of them altogether

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Beautiful loft items you have, I use hot water, soap and a toothbrush for the parts that does not get clean with only water and soap.

as other members say be careful with the insignias, I try not to clean those insignias they can fall off :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom