Help needed with sealed imperial cruiser

StarWarsMark77

Padawan
Morning guys.

Been busy digging more of my collection out that ive had stored for over 10 years. I came across my imperial cruiser which i planned to get graded at one time but ended up not doing.

The seal looks fine both ends. I cannot see any part of the box that has been lifted and each end of the box is sealed with one piece of tape.

The issue I have is that the tape on 1 end is about half a centimetre wider than the tape at the other end. The only reason factory wise i can think of for this is that maybe the box was assembled and sealed 1 end by someone at the factory, then sent down the packing line and was sealed at the end of the line using different tape.

Any expeience with this on other sealed items? Have a look at the photos and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 20170331_102521.jpg
    20170331_102521.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 423
  • 20170331_102506.jpg
    20170331_102506.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 424

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
Hi Mark

Whatever the reason was I wouldn't worry, looks fine mate.
Always loved the Troop Transporter, this and the Palitoy Death Star received endless hours of treatment from my young self 8)
Was a shame they did away with the electronics for the Cruiser.

StarWarsMark77

Padawan
PulsarP said:
Hi Mark

Whatever the reason was I wouldn't worry, looks fine mate.
Always loved the Troop Transporter, this and the Palitoy Death Star received endless hours of treatment from my young self 8)
Was a shame they did away with the electronics for the Cruiser.

I think the electronics kept failing so they just got rid. Its a lovely piece. I was just worried looking at it. One end of the box is sealed and really nice with hardly any scuffs ... the other end the tape is narrower and alot more scuffs.

Im confident in it ... just need other peoples opinions as im not as well up as alot of other people

I think they got rid of the sound box because of the price and sears wanted a cheap toy!

not sure that item will grade looks to me like it never had tape on one end then has been
taped at some point later! if you look at the crease lines in the end flap the black color looks
broken. but that's just my view!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom