An amazing TV spot from ABC news, November 30th 1978.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
A friend of mine shared this with me on Facebook. I'm not sure if it's been discussed here before, but it took my breath away.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/line-star-wars-toys-1978/story?id=33479285

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I've seen the clip of the boxing of the x-wing before.
They didn't mess about back then with throwing stuff around.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow that's amazing. How bored do the people on the production line look? Little did they know how in demand that stuff would be. They had no idea. R2 is still going strong 40 years later mate! Very interesting.

subzero

Sith Lord
"I think it could be another Disney in 50 years from now"...... it IS Disney haha :lol: how weird is that?!

Also those poor, poor workers, iv'e worked on plastic automated production/packing lines before years ago and they're ****ing horrible. You can't do anything to halt the line you need to keep up with it, badly need the toilet?.. nope stay and work, desperately need to go and ask someone a question?.. nope can't do that either, badly need a drink of water from the machine?.. nope you must wait till break so you can move, need to stretch your arms n scratch your arse?.. do it and see what happens lol :lol:

Imagine how pushed those workers must have been with Star Wars toys back then, it's the stuff of nightmares!

x-pack

Grand Master
I bet those workers look at Star Wars toys in a different way. Probably some sort of post traumatic stress disorder kicks in.

Those are the sort of jobs that just look like slavery. There's one woman on there who really looks like she's dead inside.

subzero

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
I bet those workers look at Star Wars toys in a different way. Probably some sort of post traumatic stress disorder kicks in.

Those are the sort of jobs that just look like slavery. There's one woman on there who really looks like she's dead inside.

The best part about doing jobs like this is home time and weekends :lol:

And in every factory there's always that one div who loves the job and is genuinely happy to be there, iv'e always concluded that there's something wrong with those people upstairs :?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
When I left school, I ad a summer job before heading off to do A'Levels working for Bluebird Toys... I was on the Big Red Fun Bus line (they also made the Big Yellow Teapot), my job was the same as the woman 16 seconds in, but my screwdriver hanging from the ceiling was to screw the spare wheel door on the rear... most mind numbing 4 weeks of my life. All the women on the line hated me too, as being 15/16 I was still keen and therefore too quick, made them all do more than they normally did! :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
When I left school, I ad a summer job before heading off to do A'Levels working for Bluebird Toys... I was on the Big Red Fun Bus line (they also made the Big Yellow Teapot), my job was the same as the woman 16 seconds in, but my screwdriver hanging from the ceiling was to screw the spare wheel door on the rear... most mind numbing 4 weeks of my life. All the women on the line hated me too, as being 15/16 I was still keen and therefore too quick, made them all do more than they normally did! :lol:

Middle aged+ workers are usually like this in plastics factories for some reason, they're very clicky environments and they hate young newcomers :lol: they like to have the exact same cushy slow paced jobs for years and want nothing changed to it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom