Repro Palitoy Deathstar

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
SublevelStudios
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Repro Palitoy Deathstar

Post by SublevelStudios »

Replicator boxes and repro are well covered on this forum and elsewhere in the web but I just want to highlight again the sheer stupidity of buying into this shady area of collecting.

A buy it now for £125 for an inkjet, hand cut, minus ALL the plastic parts and an inferior print of the Palitoy Deathstar. Absolute madness when you consider a loose complete one with the stands will cost you around £250.

How the hell does anyone weight up this option and still choose to buy repro is totally beyond me.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 17.57.38.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 17.57.38.png (362.9 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Repro Palitoy Deathstar

Post by Mini99 »

Thanks, I wasn’t aware the these were about.
If only people stopped buying them there wouldn’t be a market for them and then there wouldn’t be the point in marking them, if only!
Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Mr-shifter »

Wow. If you buy this shite and all the repro parts you are going to be at the £250 mark by the time you finish.

I saw some of these the other day.
ABEA45F6-7950-4543-A612-7F1E4BCFD270.png
ABEA45F6-7950-4543-A612-7F1E4BCFD270.png (224.47 KiB) Viewed 872 times
A complete speeder runs £20-£25 and say £5-£8 for the instructions and the same again for the catalogue.

Or buy a complete boxed one with all the inserts for £50.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo
And any other funky stickers or speeder bike oddities.
theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

Nasty stuff. :x
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

It just doesn’t make an sense either financially or as aseptically, it’s just cheap and nasty at an expensive price :x
StarWarsFan
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by StarWarsFan »

Looks bad.
My feedback:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=26702

My The Force Be With You
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Well, I haven't seen any of his work up close, but if it's printed on an inkjet printer then it will be truly shite.
moosinthehoos

Post by moosinthehoos »

For those interested, I reviewed one of Darrens reproduction boxes a while back.
The box is well constructed and printed using a very high quality printer and paper, not an inkjet printer.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs60XRtj9GU&t=5s[/youtube]

Check out the video and you can see it close up and all the details.

Cheers
Last edited by moosinthehoos on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by lejackal »

moosinthehoos wrote:For those interested, I reviewed one of Darrens reproduction boxes a while back.
The box is well constructed and printed using a very high quality printer and paper, not and inkjet printer.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs60XRtj9GU&t=5s[/youtube]

Check out the video and you can see it close up and all the details.

Cheers
Are you fucking kidding?

Promoting this shite?

Fuck off
moosinthehoos

Post by moosinthehoos »

Thanks for the response. No need to be so rude though. Cheers
MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by MarkG »

The person that gives his this stuff to copy needs to be hung drawn and quartered first.. them Orme will hopefully do one after that.

Anyone promoting this crap needs to naff off too. There is enough of this repro stuff around and we don't need more of it.
Back in the fold... just....
moosinthehoos

Post by moosinthehoos »

MarkG wrote:The person that gives his this stuff to copy needs to be hung drawn and quartered first.. them Orme will hopefully do one after that.
Wow, really? That seems a little drastic. Imagine if someone said something like that to you?

Cheers
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by subzero »

e31.jpg
e31.jpg (35.19 KiB) Viewed 777 times
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!
MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by MarkG »

moosinthehoos wrote:
MarkG wrote:The person that gives his this stuff to copy needs to be hung drawn and quartered first.. them Orme will hopefully do one after that.
Wow, really? That seems a little drastic. Imagine if someone said something like that to you?

Cheers
I really couldn't care less to be honest..

I must say that people do rave about your restoration site and have watched a few vids myself.. but you now are showing your true colours and are very much a repro fan..
Back in the fold... just....
moosinthehoos

Post by moosinthehoos »

MarkG wrote:
moosinthehoos wrote:

Cheers
I really couldn't care less to be honest..

I must say that people do rave about your restoration site and have watched a few vids myself.. but you now are showing your true colours and are very much a repro fan..
The problem is an agressive response does nothing to solve the issue that you have. I reviewed the boxes to show a balanced view of their quality after reading all the negative comments given on places likes this. Many people seem to really like them, maybe more than don't like them from what I have seen.

I have original items in my collection, I have repro items where I can't afford to have originals. I also have bits I have made myself. I just enjoy having the toys and don't get hung up on who is right or wrong, or what is the right or wrong way to collect and appreciate toys. So my true colours are that I enjoy collecting toys and can see the merit in all ways of collecting.

Thanks for watching my videos.

Cheers