Repro Palitoy Deathstar

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Replicator boxes and repro are well covered on this forum and elsewhere in the web but I just want to highlight again the sheer stupidity of buying into this shady area of collecting.

A buy it now for £125 for an inkjet, hand cut, minus ALL the plastic parts and an inferior print of the Palitoy Deathstar. Absolute madness when you consider a loose complete one with the stands will cost you around £250.

How the hell does anyone weight up this option and still choose to buy repro is totally beyond me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 17.57.38.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 17.57.38.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,017

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks, I wasn't aware the these were about.
If only people stopped buying them there wouldn't be a market for them and then there wouldn't be the point in marking them, if only!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Wow. If you buy this shite and all the repro parts you are going to be at the £250 mark by the time you finish.

I saw some of these the other day.

ABEA45F6-7950-4543-A612-7F1E4BCFD270.png

A complete speeder runs £20-£25 and say £5-£8 for the instructions and the same again for the catalogue.

Or buy a complete boxed one with all the inserts for £50.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
It just doesn't make an sense either financially or as aseptically, it's just cheap and nasty at an expensive price :x

A

Anonymous

For those interested, I reviewed one of Darrens reproduction boxes a while back.
The box is well constructed and printed using a very high quality printer and paper, not an inkjet printer.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs60XRtj9GU&t=5s[/youtube]

Check out the video and you can see it close up and all the details.

Cheers

lejackal

Grand Master
moosinthehoos said:
For those interested, I reviewed one of Darrens reproduction boxes a while back.
The box is well constructed and printed using a very high quality printer and paper, not and inkjet printer.

Cheers
Are you ****ing kidding?

Promoting this shite?

**** off

MarkG

Jedi Master
The person that gives his this stuff to copy needs to be hung drawn and quartered first.. them Orme will hopefully do one after that.

Anyone promoting this crap needs to naff off too. There is enough of this repro stuff around and we don't need more of it.

A

Anonymous

MarkG said:
The person that gives his this stuff to copy needs to be hung drawn and quartered first.. them Orme will hopefully do one after that.

Wow, really? That seems a little drastic. Imagine if someone said something like that to you?

Cheers

MarkG

Jedi Master
moosinthehoos said:
MarkG said:

Wow, really? That seems a little drastic. Imagine if someone said something like that to you?

Cheers

I really couldn't care less to be honest..

I must say that people do rave about your restoration site and have watched a few vids myself.. but you now are showing your true colours and are very much a repro fan..

A

Anonymous

MarkG said:
moosinthehoos said:
MarkG said:

Cheers

I must say that people do rave about your restoration site and have watched a few vids myself.. but you now are showing your true colours and are very much a repro fan..

The problem is an agressive response does nothing to solve the issue that you have. I reviewed the boxes to show a balanced view of their quality after reading all the negative comments given on places likes this. Many people seem to really like them, maybe more than don't like them from what I have seen.

I have original items in my collection, I have repro items where I can't afford to have originals. I also have bits I have made myself. I just enjoy having the toys and don't get hung up on who is right or wrong, or what is the right or wrong way to collect and appreciate toys. So my true colours are that I enjoy collecting toys and can see the merit in all ways of collecting.

Thanks for watching my videos.

Cheers

lejackal

Grand Master
moosinthehoos said:
MarkG said:
moosinthehoos said:

Cheers

The problem is an agressive response does nothing to solve the issue that you have. I reviewed the boxes to show a balanced view of their quality after reading all the negative comments given on places likes this. Many people seem to really like them, maybe more than don't like them from what I have seen.

I have original items in my collection, I have repro items where I can't afford to have originals. I also have bits I have made myself. I just enjoy having the toys and don't get hung up on who is right or wrong, or what is the right or wrong way to collect and appreciate toys. So my true colours are that I enjoy collecting toys and can see the merit in all ways of collecting.

Thanks for watching my videos.

Cheers
There is no merit in collecting reproduction **** and you'll not be thanked for promoting it on here.
I don't really have the time or inclination to type anything more eloquent so again, **** OFF

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
moosinthehoos said:
The box is well constructed and printed using a very high quality printer and paper, not an inkjet printer.

Cheers

Wow Dave, you're either brave or stupid to want to actively encourage anyone to buy into going repro.

I too have seen these boxes up close and can tell you they are NOT high quality. But my point here is not really the merits of the manufacture, it's the fact you can actually go out and buy the real thing for LESS than the repro version advertised at £125. If you want a complete one with ALL the plastic elements just add another £125!!! It's crazy to think anyone would think this is the best option.

subzero

Sith Lord
Repro's harm the collecting community much, much more than it benefits, plain & simple, and the benefits to whoever buys them are either minuscule or non existent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom