Argh!!!!! Double Stem bubbles in transit!

tigerham

Sith Lord
In the last three days I have received TWO double stem MOC's, a Micro-Meccano and a Clipper and BOTH have had their bubbles detached in transit in their AFA & UKG case WITHOUT sliders!!! One from US to UK and the other from Spain to UK.

Absolutely gutted purely for the fact these rarer MOC's have now been permanently damaged, guessing by the dried glue and bubble type as this does not seem to appear to happen on normal bubbles.

Pointless sending them back as they'll both be absolutely ruined, even more so than a hanging off bubble.

Both sellers have agreed to give fair partial refunds but to me this is no compensation. No one wins here!

Just a warning if you are selling or buying and posting abroad (or even locally). PUT SLIDERS ON or they're done!

ARGH!!!

tigerham

Sith Lord
poncho said:

They are protectors for the bubbles within the AFA case to stop it from moving anywhere and to stop it detaching from the cardback...

006371.JPG

subzero

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear what's happened to them. :(

Iv'e only ever bought one MOC so far with a double stem and it had splits in both stems and bubble lift, that bubble and it's seal seemed very weak.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Graded figures. Bust em out and post them packed properly.

My intentions on BOTH MOC's were to bust them out as I don't want them caged up permanently so got display cases for them. On both I don't have a choice but to bust them out anyway.

I will reseal them as I really am not bothered about resale value as I bought them for my personal collection and not to sell on but I will use as little adhesive as needed and not for the whole lift.

(Hand on forehead... sigh!)

apack7229

Sith Lord
That's why I hate graded stuff. Absolutely horrible to try to protect the bubble during shipping. Really sorry to hear about your luck with the bubble.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
tigerham said:
poncho said:

They are protectors for the bubbles within the AFA case to stop it from moving anywhere and to stop it detaching from the cardback...

006371.JPG
I assume that these have to be specified when the card is graded, I've never seen these before on a graded MOC that hasn't already got bubble damage.
Is this a new option, I've not seen this option with UKG?

tigerham

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
tigerham said:
poncho said:

006371.JPG
I assume that these have to be specified when the card is graded, I've never seen these before on a graded MOC that hasn't already got bubble damage.

I would imagine they have to be specified and have seen them for a while now but on AFA so not sure about UKG.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
tigerham said:
Mini99 said:
tigerham said:

006371.JPG

I would imagine they have to be specified and have seen them for a while now but on AFA so not sure about UKG.
If they aren't too intrusive then these have got to be a no brainer option.
I would like to see one of these in hand to see what they look like, how noticeable they are etc.
I have always been very wary of buying graded and shipping it as the bubble is so vanerable as it can't be protected.
So sorry to see that your two have been damaged in the post my worst nightmare.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
tigerham said:
Mini99 said:

I would like to see one of these in hand to see what they look like, how noticeable they are etc.
I have always been very wary of buying graded and shipping it as the bubble is so vanerable as it can't be protected.

Thank you. I was going to say here's one close up then saw another image of another one... :roll:

002553.JPG

bubble11.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
tigerham said:
Mini99 said:
tigerham said:

Thank you. I was going to say here's one close up then saw another image of another one... :roll:

002553.JPG

bubble11.jpg
Oh dear, what a tragedy :shock:
I wonder how many have been destroyed in the post?

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I'm not a fan of grading anyway, but this just saddens me. So sorry this has happened.

Surely the no.1 prerequisite for "archiving" is to ensure that any further deterioration is kept to an absolute minimum. How many more MOCs will suffer this fate, let alone the extremely rare, few remaining examples of certain carded figures!? Break them all free! It's almost like the grading process was invented for profit. :roll:

tigerham

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
I'm not a fan of grading anyway, but this just saddens me. So sorry this has happened.

Surely the no.1 prerequisite for "archiving" is to ensure that any further deterioration is kept to an absolute minimum. How many more MOCs will suffer this fate, let alone the extremely rare, few remaining examples of certain carded figures!? Break them all free! It's almost like the grading process was invented for profit. :roll:

Thank you. Both now broken free. The UKG one came off surprisingly easy and clean.

IMG_4327.JPG

subzero

Sith Lord
tigerham said:
TK-7785 said:

Thank you. Both now broken free. The UKG one came off surprisingly easy and clean.

IMG_4327.JPG

Hmm!, i'm surprised they aren't welded together much better than that for security, a shady person could possibly use that to stick a resealed card back in then seal the case back up. :?

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
tigerham said:
TK-7785 said:

IMG_4327.JPG

Hmm!, i'm surprised they aren't welded together much better than that for security, a shady person could possibly use that to stick a resealed card back in then seal the case back up. :?

I know this one wasn't as had a close inspection but yes, my thoughts exactly.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm really sorry to see this happen to you. I've never been a fan of grading, as I have made plain elsewhere, but come on AFA and UKG! If you're going to take customers' money, in large part allegedly to 'preserve' these figures, then do your bloody job properly!... Here's another two MOCs permanently (and needlessly) damaged, through no fault of the buyer :(

tigerham

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
I'm really sorry to see this happen to you. I've never been a fan of grading, as I have made plain elsewhere, but come on AFA and UKG! If you're going to take customers' money, in large part allegedly to 'preserve' these figures, then do your bloody job properly!... Here's another two MOCs permanently (and needlessly) damaged, through no fault of the buyer :(

Thank you Snaketibe.

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Can you buy those sliders from Iain, UKG or others? I never realised they were moveable - I always assumed they were affixed to the acrylic top. I'd like to get a few of them myself to protect my own stuff.

Pat

tigerham

Sith Lord
darth_daddius said:
Can you buy those sliders from Iain, UKG or others? I never realised they were moveable - I always assumed they were affixed to the acrylic top. I'd like to get a few of them myself to protect my own stuff.

Pat

Not sure Pat as, like yourself, thought they were in fixed positions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom