SWFUK

SWFUK Annual Statistics

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: SWFUK Annual Statistics

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:03 am

Interesting stats and in line with what you see here in terms of activity. I’m trying to, and to a degree succeeding, spend less time on FB and more here. It’s like some tart from Love Island (sorry, don’t know any) vs. Cindy Crawford; uncouth, vacuous and nothing interesting to say vs. timeless beauty and obsession. Not that I’m obsessed with Cindy Crawford. Much. Point is the more time I’ve spent there over the years the more obvious it is how hollow it is. It’s the convenience of it that makes it the success, not much else.

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:14 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Interesting stats and in line with what you see here in terms of activity. I’m trying to, and to a degree succeeding, spend less time on FB and more here. It’s like some tart from Love Island (sorry, don’t know any) vs. Cindy Crawford; uncouth, vacuous and nothing interesting to say vs. timeless beauty and obsession. Not that I’m obsessed with Cindy Crawford. Much. Point is the more time I’ve spent there over the years the more obvious it is how hollow it is. It’s the convenience of it that makes it the success, not much else.

Quite agree, mate. Isn't that a sign of the times though; convenience seems to supercede quality and substance all too often. Unfortunately Facebook's minions are constantly trying to engineer new and better ways to keep us hooked on the time suck that is social media.
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:01 am

TK-7785 wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Interesting stats and in line with what you see here in terms of activity. I’m trying to, and to a degree succeeding, spend less time on FB and more here. It’s like some tart from Love Island (sorry, don’t know any) vs. Cindy Crawford; uncouth, vacuous and nothing interesting to say vs. timeless beauty and obsession. Not that I’m obsessed with Cindy Crawford. Much. Point is the more time I’ve spent there over the years the more obvious it is how hollow it is. It’s the convenience of it that makes it the success, not much else.

Quite agree, mate. Isn't that a sign of the times though; convenience seems to supercede quality and substance all too often. Unfortunately Facebook's minions are constantly trying to engineer new and better ways to keep us hooked on the time suck that is social media.

So true. Convenience does indeed win out of all other benefits nowadays as time becomes the only commodity that can't be bought or sold. Spending time here vs FB is a bit like my mission last Christmas to buy as much on the high street as possible and avoid the internet. Takes a bit more time and effort but was way more enjoyable :)

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:29 pm

I don't want to turn this into a facebook-bashing thread, but the layout of a forum when compared to social media helps hugely with educating yourself about the hobby. The number of fb people forking out significant amounts of money without a clue as to whether their items are legit is staggering.

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby steve obi wan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:02 pm

Great news , the forum is holding its own
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”