SWFUK

SWFUK Annual Statistics

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: SWFUK Annual Statistics

Postby Cazza » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:37 pm

Interesting stats again, Edd. March would've been due to 'Baggie-gate' I would think?
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Snaketibe
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Snaketibe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:56 pm

Thanks for posting these stats Edd. Very interesting viewing.

Thank you too for all your hard work, dedication and expense in running and maintaining this wonderful forum. It really is a terrific place to visit and participate in, and I for one love coming here and reading the posts, adding a few replies and starting the odd thread of my own. It's an invaluable resource of knowledge, a friendly place to chat and learn new things and see wonderful images of members' collections and new acquisitions. It's a great place to buy and sell items and the members are overwhelmingly a brilliant, friendly and helpful bunch, all passionate about vintage Star Wars toys :-D

I'd miss it terribly if it was to ever stop, so I can only thank you once again for your sterling efforts in keeping it running.

Jeremy

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:30 pm

Stats look good as ever Edd

I can only echo what Jeremy has posted.

This forum is a little oasis in the SW collecting world I visit the forum most days and enjoy the banter and interesting posts
There is always something to learn, and to be a part of something with like minded collectors is a cut above all of the other Social media areas that I simply don't use.
The feel of the forum has always been friendly and safe and is something I am glad to be able to visit regularly.

Thanks so much for the trouble and expense you go to to provide this service for all of us that use it, if it was not here I would be lost!

Long may the forum continue, fantastic work Edd

BR

Mike
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Ruby2511 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Michael Sith wrote:Stats look good as ever Edd

I can only echo what Jeremy has posted.

This forum is a little oasis in the SW collecting world I visit the forum most days and enjoy the banter and interesting posts
There is always something to learn, and to be a part of something with like minded collectors is a cut above all of the other Social media areas that I simply don't use.
The feel of the forum has always been friendly and safe and is something I am glad to be able to visit regularly.

Thanks so much for the trouble and expense you go to to provide this service for all of us that use it, if it was not here I would be lost!

Long may the forum continue, fantastic work Edd

BR

Mike

Jeremy and Michael, those comments about the forum are spot on. I love posting and chipping in with the odd congratulations and enjoy the banter within the forum. Looking at people's collections and latest purchases is the highlight of the forum :D

Thanks Edd for the dedication to the Star Wars community and long may it last 8)
Hi i'm Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Cazza » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:55 pm

Agree with all the sentiments above. I love this place! The hard work you put in is amazing, Edd, not to mention the costs. We all really appreciate it! I've been back on FB recently and it just doesn't compare in any way, shape or form. The wealth of knowledge both current and archival is immense on here and there are so many top people on here, who are so helpful.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Certainly interesting to see, thanks Edd. Suprising how many none members visit the forum.
Last edited by theforceuk on Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mini99 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:06 pm

Just to echo the posts above, it’s thanks to you that this Forum exists in this day and age.
I applaud your commitment, energy and financial input to this wonderful site.
Interesting that there is a “core” of 50 members that check in every day and that there are 250 non members that also check in on a regular basis.

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:36 pm

have to agree, i get my nightly fix just to see whats going on in the nicer side of sw collecting

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:02 pm

As others have said, thanks for all your hard work, Edd. It's very much appreciated and this place is much more friendly, easy to navigate and devoid of all the social media shite and cliquishness that's so prevalent on FB. Long live SWFUK! :)
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

bosk70
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby bosk70 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:40 pm

Still the only place I really go to get the vintage sw fix apart from the excellent pod casts, don't know what I would do to get through the day if I couldn't have a sneaky log in at work, thanks again Edd , some of the old faces seem to have been missing recently hopefully to return and new bloods always a good thing, but I have always been impressed by the genuinely nice people on the forum, and the good banter. :)
Vintage Star Wars helping me stay sane since 1977

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Again, echoing what others have said. This place is a haven of (comparative) sanity with a sensible, structured layout when everything is or has moved to facebook.

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:46 am

Thanks for all you do Edd, love this site always come here usually twice a day, its a good place, glad the stats are good
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:26 am

Great to see SWFUK holding it’s own, especially When there are so many other platforms to visit. Great work Edd, we appreciated everything you and the mod’s do. The forum is the best place to visit when you want some good advice. It’s such a brilliant source of information. I do look at Facebook also but the Forum is still number one!

chrisfnx
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby chrisfnx » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:11 pm

Cheers Edd! As others have said, it is a great resource, always good to see what people have bought, collection photos etc

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”