Opening AFA Cases

bellendra

Padawan
Does anyone have any idea how do do this? I'm guessing they're glued rather well and the damage I could do with a hammer is almost unthinkable :wink:

bellendra

Padawan
Carded. I've manged to make a hole, but yanking the bottom off doesn't seem to be as easy as anticipated.

bellendra

Padawan
Hey, hammer and flat screwdriver..that's good idea.

I've been charging my electric screwdriver up, but that might now be relegated to plan B :D

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Get a flat screwdriver and a hammer and carefully tap at the seam on the bottom corner (on the right away from the bubble). If you can get the screwdriver in you should be able to lever the bottom panel off. Its best to use the bottom as the back panel isn't attached there - so it should be weaker than at the top.

Wear some glasses or goggles though as the acrylic does splinter and fly everywhere :wink:

bellendra

Padawan
HURRAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

The screwdriver/hammer plan is genious....Bit of a sorry state. I'll try and get some pics of the obliterated case. :D

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
why have you opened it ,you sending it back to see if it gets same grade .you could sell the bar :lol: :lol: code to han

bellendra

Padawan
Hehe, I've no doubt he'd use it.

Was appauled by the grade it got, which I hasten to add was richly undeserved. Will probably look to sell on in the future, but I will honestly appraise it.

bellendra

Padawan
Sorry all, denied. Whilst I was out it was disposed swiftly of :x

It's a fiddly process though, as darth says. You have to chip in to the corner with a hammer and then bit by bit lever the bottom off.....problem is, there's more shrapnel than Vietnam!!!!!!

I was very glad of the very fetching ladies glasses I was sporting for the event. (they were the first thing at hand, but certainly served a purpose)

I'd recommend it though, little bit like I was taking the power back from the AFA and saying...........you know what? NO!!!!!!

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
jabbawokkie said:
why have you opened it ,you sending it back to see if it gets same grade .you could sell the bar :lol: :lol: code to han

No need....He can have this one.............

AFAF.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom