THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 52 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
52pod.jpg

Episode 52 lands a little later than usual but we're delighted to be able to confirm that even though overseas, Jez has managed to join us and record the entire show!!! So hopefully the show will be worth the wait.

Stuart and Richard are joined by Jason Langendorfer for this months interview, Jason discusses his collecting habits with the boys in depth including telling us about his recent visit to Redwood Forest whilst discussing his photography of the toys we all love, from the photos he snapped back in the 1980s through to the recent snaps he continues to take.

During Rebel Briefings, Richard delves into a current hot topic as we discuss when deals go sour, from the selling of suspect baggie mailers through to figures being sold for suspect scammers, the boys delve in and offer honest opinions on the recent debacle. The team also look at a host of other topics during Rebel Briefings which include the recent Vectis auction and Palitoy Landfill dream amongst many others.

He may be serving overseas but Jez still manages to bring his usual Newest Acquisitions section where he looks at items including Blue Snaggletooth through to Australian Pizza Hutt glasses, whilst also being joined by Andrew Carrick, Scott Bacon and Clint Garniss to discuss their recent purchases. The team take time to look at Hammerhead in more depth this month, with Ron Salvatore from the Vintage Rebellion Alliance stopping by to offer his expertise on the figure.

Following on from the Hammerhead discussion, Pete takes a look at the other oddball items associated with Hammerhead during 'Beyond the Newest Acquisitions'. The Frito Lay sticker from Puerto Rico is a truly stunning piece.

All this plus much more on this months Vintage Rebellion Podcast.

Enjoy the Show!!!

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Yes! Can't wait.
Yesterday I started to re-hear an older Episode during work to bridge the time ... :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Almost at the end and another great podcast guys. Really nice to hear Jason (Seahawks), chatting and put a voice to the face, such a great collection and congrats to him for getting placed in the photo competition. Also nice to hear Andy (cazza) as well, another member I've got to know a bit recently and it's always great to hear stories from back in the day. It must have been a nightmare at times trying to get the toys that you wanted growing up from the sounds of it!

As others have said this really is a highlight to my month listening to these podcasts so keep up the great work, it's so appreciated. :D

Ian

dreader73

Youngling
As always a top top listen. Hats of to Jez for taking the time to appear. Though I felt for him on the delays during the quiz. Excellent balanced discussion on some of the more contentious issues in the hobby and good that they are being addressed and not brushed under the carpet. The downside of listening? It makes me want to go spend squillions on vintage!
Keep it up chaps!

Taffius

Sith Lord
dreader73 said:
As always a top top listen. Hats of to Jez for taking the time to appear. Though I felt for him on the delays during the quiz. Excellent balanced discussion on some of the more contentious issues in the hobby and good that they are being addressed and not brushed under the carpet. The downside of listening? It makes me want to go spend squillions on vintage!
Keep it up chaps!

Podcast does make you "thirsty" for vintage so concur with that feeling! :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great show as always. A delight to hear Jez going the extra mile, and then some, to be on. Just one thing though. Don't his colleagues rip the piss for having plush Ewoks, knitted Porgs and whatever else he takes to bed? I can only assume it's understood that he could CRUSH anyone having a pop if he wanted to ,and that's how that works.

That story about the toy designer putting his own business logo onto Snaggletooth's belt must be a myth. The very same symbol can be seen on the actual Holiday Special Snaggleetooth.

As always: the show was an education. Thanks for the hard work

Declan

P.S. Sansweet and Savoury. I laughed.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Great show fellas, but who is that putz you had on for the main interview? I about fell asleep listening to him blab on for an hour. :)
Seriously, thanks again for having me on. I had a great time chatting it up with Stu and Rich. I'm also stoked by the amazing rendition of me as Indiana Jones on the cover photo. Time to go buy a new hat. ;)

I really enjoyed hearing about the supposed Palitoy Landfill. If this is in fact true, it is completely plausible that the toys and possibly the packaging could still be in decent condition. There is an excellent documentary called Atari: Game Over where they search for old Atari games (mainly the game E.T.) that were buried in the early 80's. It's actually on YouTube if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew8j62WaZ7Q

Loved hearing about Andy's Palitoy Halloween masks (along with the story of his mom throwing the Sand People mask in the bin because it was too scary). I remember dressing up in the Ben Cooper Vader costume a couple times for Halloween. Loved that costume! I may not fit in it anymore, but it works great for my Halloween Skeleton. Definitely has got some comments over the past couple of years. lol

Halloween Costume.jpg

I also enjoyed all the Hammerhead discussion. The best description I've ever seen of Hammerhead was from this ad in Famous Monter's Magazine in 1979.

""Luke and Ben encountered the Hammerhead at the Cantina in Mos Eisley on Tatooine. There he was, playing cards and sharing a cup of grog with some very alien friends." Doesn't get much better than that. Here is the ad where you can read all of the descriptions of our beloved Cantina Aliens.

Famous Monsters Star Wars.PNG

Taffius

Sith Lord
Seahawks said:
Great show fellas, but who is that putz you had on for the main interview?

It was a great piece with the podcast Seahawks. Enjoyed the nostalgic element and the wisdom throughout. Many thanks for participation as I find them quite educational too.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Finished listening to the podcast. Great as always. Also a good insight into how much work and committment it takes to get this produced to the benefit of all.
Thanks again and all the best to Jez - how he managed to stay involved with his workload and communications whilst UK side ties it all in is a true testiment to the effort the team places within its broadcast.

spoons

Grand Master
Really enjoyed this show good interviews and a lot of chat about vintage figures. But I am now scared to be anywhere near Stu, he started off talking about me in thigh high boots and nipple tassels and ended up comparing me to a four throated creature in a leotard. Him pinching my bum at last year's FF was perhaps not as accidental as he claimed :eek: :lol:

Coincidentally enough I compared myself to Hammerhead in Stu's interview with me :)

Keep up the good work chaps and you were missed Si!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
3/4s of the way through and thoroughly enjoying it so far. Great interview Jason. Also loving the Creature advert you posted from Famous Monster's Magazine. What a riot of colours. Love the description for Greedo.

Jez, you'll be pleased to know I've gone off and done my homework and read "In search of the Blue Snaggletooth" https://futureofstarwars.wordpress.com/2016/12/08/in-search-of-the-blue-snaggletooth/

For the first time I was able to visualise and understand the toe dent / no toe dent. I don't need both variants though :lol:

I knew he came in the Sears Cantina Adventure Set but didn't realise he was also available as a Sears' two pack with Greedo. From the ad you can see that this could be picked up for $3.65, and the VCJ and two sandpeople 3 pack for $4.95. Man they would be nice pick ups at that price.

Keep up the great work chaps

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Hi guys, great listen once again. Simon was missed, but I was really pleased that Jez could make such a full contribution. It can't have been easy with the connection and timing issues.

Interviews were good, Jason had some interesting tales and I also enjoyed Cazza's recollections of the vintage masks. The outro question also threw up some interesting answers and I have to say I am in full agreement with Rich that a UK focussed collecting book is long overdue!

The team were asking how the vintage Palitoy masks were displayed for sale in the UK. These images of display boxes are taken from a Palitoy catalogue and toy fair photograph, and it's a fair bet that something similar made it into stores. I don't know whether anyone actually has one of these in a collection though.

Palitoy masks 4.jpg

2018-05-24 06.44.47.jpg

I've also found a couple more Palitoy adverts featuring the elusive Hammerhead...

palplaysets.jpg

palesbcomp.jpg

Thanks again to all and I'll look forward to next month :D

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Guys am around 3/4 in and listening as I post 8)
As always another great show and I can't say enough how much I appreciate all ur efforts every time :D
Really enjoyed "Seahawks" story, ur redwoods trip sounded awesome mate 8)
Yes Rich it was me who young and foolishly thought that die-cast Land Speeder in the shop window in the mid-late 90s was priced at £1 :lol: Priceless memories :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom