Warning new repro that is not in the tig guide

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I just saw all this repro. Some of them like the bespin blasters and endor blasters is not in the tig guide :shock: Damn I hate all this repro :evil:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-x-Vintage-Star-Wars-Weapons-Float-Translucent/332947794399?hash=item4d853c29df:g:OzMAAOSwI7Fb0eA-:rk:18:pf:0

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Oh dear thanks for this Lars, got to love that listing. 'They are not recognised as originals', no they are not origional. :|

subzero

Sith Lord
This is the same jackass that was selling tons of fakes on ebay over the past year or more, 'joggers' I think his username was, he's now under this different new username.

He originally started off scamming buyers advertising them as original, but when the community and buyers eventually started landing on him for scamming people he changed his listings to sell them as repro. But like you've seen he's still trying to hope to deceive and trick people into buying them by practically saying... "I bought these as originals but they're not recognised, but there's a chance they could be original"... the dick knows full well what they were when he bought them.

Gotta love his other comment too...

"I have a son that collects ukg and AFA figures graded 85 and above so willing to swap for bulk of weapons"..... :lol: :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Oh dear thanks for this Lars, got to love that listing. 'They are not recognised as originals', no they are not origional. :|

You are welcome, also scary how cheap they are 100 weapons for £100 :shock: imperial blaster looks easy to spot and if I remember correct tig also have that one in the guide. Looks like water test is not something we need to use anymore :( I always used water test first and then I looked looked at the weapons that passed the water test to see if they could pass the tig guide :cry:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
This is the same jackass that was selling tons of fakes on ebay over the past year or more, 'joggers' I think his username was, he's now under this different new username.

He originally started off scamming buyers advertising them as original, but when the community and buyers eventually started landing on him for scamming people he changed his listings to sell them as repro. But like you've seen he's still trying to hope to deceive and trick people into buying them by practically saying... "I bought these as originals but they're not recognised, but there's a chance they could be original"... the dick knows full well what they were when he bought them.

"I have a son that collects ukg and AFA figures graded 85 and above so willing to swap for bulk of weapons"..... :lol: :lol:

Maybe he accept repro for trade in return :lol: thanks I did not know it was the same guy omg :(

stu70

Padawan
Almost as bad/sad is all the people buying them, look at all the positive feedback he has for them, part of the problem is that he sells them because people buy them and keep on buying them.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
stu70 said:
Almost as bad/sad is all the people buying them, look at all the positive feedback he has for them, part of the problem is that he sells them because people buy them and keep on buying them.

I agree but who the **** buy them ? ok I know some buy them to compare and ID them with the originals so they do not get tricked when they buy original weapons and then some share the info about them on forum like tig and also on this forum. But who the **** do also buy them since he can sell them ? :?

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:

Maybe he accept repro for trade in return :lol: thanks I did not know it was the same guy omg :(

:lol: I might stick a repro figure in a display case and print out my own label with a fake 85 grade on it, that will be a fair trade then. :wink:

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
:( This is very upsetting, thanks for sharing. The simple float or drop test does not cut it anymore, you have to have a bloody expert to spot them.....I wish there was a service to send away all the accessories in one batch to authenticate what you have are ok. On the same topic, has there been any incidents where Repro has been graded as original...how do the graders confirm they are genuine?

MightyMike

Padawan
What I don't understand is this guy selling a repro Jawa blaster for £24.99 - and you don't even get free postage. And if it gets damaged in the post it is the buyers responsibility too!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star-wars-Jawa-Blaster-with-button-floats-Repro/264055102917

Robstyley

Sith Lord
subzero said:

Message him - Hi, I've got a nice 12 pound turd I laid this morning I'd be happy to swap for them. :D

subzero

Sith Lord
MightyMike said:
What I don't understand is this guy selling a repro Jawa blaster for £24.99 - and you don't even get free postage. And if it gets damaged in the post it is the buyers responsibility too!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star-wars-Jawa-Blaster-with-button-floats-Repro/264055102917

Wowww that's just plain stupid...

"If sending in padded envelope the risk of damage is taken solely by the buyer and no responsibility falls on me to refund or replace."

What an arsehole!

subzero

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
subzero said:

Message him - Hi, I've got a nice 12 pound turd I laid this morning I'd be happy to swap for them. :D

:lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I believe I t's that t**t Chris Smith on Facebook. He runs a Reproduction Accessories group on FB and is the original supplier of all the so called 'Saltburn' Repro.

He also got sent down for selling fake football kits earlier in the year.
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/15805497.fake-football-kits-trader-from-saltburn-jailed-after-restarting-venture/

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Yes I have not got the latest Saltburn repros on the TIG site yet- need to get pictures improved but it is mentioned here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t9363-new-black-endor-blaster-repro

endor310.jpg

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Clawrence said:
:( This is very upsetting, thanks for sharing. The simple float or drop test does not cut it anymore, you have to have a bloody expert to spot them.....I wish there was a service to send away all the accessories in one batch to authenticate what you have are ok. On the same topic, has there been any incidents where Repro has been graded as original...how do the graders confirm they are genuine?

There is a lad on facebook, dont know if he posts here, but he is a Topps artist and prominent at Echo Live and on the Facebook groups. He was identifying repros, but dont know if he still is.

Some of you know who i am on about, but wont print his name.
All around nice bloke.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
tobedesu said:
There is a lad on facebook, dont know if he posts here, but he is a Topps artist and prominent at Echo Live and on the Facebook groups. He was identifying repros, but dont know if he still is.

Some of you know who i am on about, but wont print his name.
All around nice bloke.
Dan T?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:

:lol: I might stick a repro figure in a display case and print out my own label with a fake 85 grade on it, that will be a fair trade then. :wink:

:lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
MightyMike said:

:shock: crazy price :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom