New collector, first event - Farthest From?

Paul1976

Padawan
Morning all,

Just getting back into SW collecting and would like to visit a fair/sale, rather than just spending time on here and eBay. Living in Wiltshire, I'm guessing Farthest From would be best - any ideas when dates for the next event are likely to be announced? Or indeed any other events I should look at.

My 8 year old daughter likes SW too and has a few figures (vintage beaters and modern) in her tiny collection too now; is FF a family friendly event I could take her to, and what can I expect? Need to make sure she steers clear of the MOCs for starters!

At present I'm just picking up a few loose complete figures when I can and guess these should be available at FF?

Sorry for all the questions early on a Sunday...

P

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
The Sandown toy fair is pretty good but don't expect bargains, mostly dealers but it's good to actually inspect the item before buying as opposed to Ebay.

Paul1976

Padawan
Cheers guys that's great, thanks very much. Will definitely try to make the FF from then.

P

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Farthest From is great, definitely worth going to, but I'd also recommend Echo Live which takes place twice a year in the shopping centre in Redditch - the next one's on May 4th. There's a superb range of vintage available there.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Paul1976 said:
Morning all,

Just getting back into SW collecting and would like to visit a fair/sale, rather than just spending time on here and eBay. Living in Wiltshire, I'm guessing Farthest From would be best - any ideas when dates for the next event are likely to be announced? Or indeed any other events I should look at.

My 8 year old daughter likes SW too and has a few figures (vintage beaters and modern) in her tiny collection too now; is FF a family friendly event I could take her to, and what can I expect? Need to make sure she steers clear of the MOCs for starters!

At present I'm just picking up a few loose complete figures when I can and guess these should be available at FF?

Sorry for all the questions early on a Sunday...

P

Hi Paul,

Welcome one of the best events is in Reddish on the 4th of May Echo Base Live its pure Star Wars its amazing. Found some great items there last 2 visits, car boot sales can be useful:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32593

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Paul1976 said:
Thanks Andy

I'm in the people's republic of Bradford on Avon, not far from Bath.

Paul

Not far from me. Check out the events page as quite a few of us live in the area and we organise meet ups every couple of months.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom