Pomse2001

Grand Master
Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler:

Sandcrawler.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
That is a beautiful thing my friend :wink: :wink:

thanks mate for the very kind words, I only miss a vinyl cape jawa in the cockpit :lol:

Do you not have any to share with us ? :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's one thing that I do wish I had, great item Lars, maybe one day it will be mine!

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
That's one thing that I do wish I had, great item Lars, maybe one day it will be mine!

Ian

Thanks Ian for the very kind words :D I hope you get one soon for your collection that you can share with all of us :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Here are my little baby :lol:

Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler 01.JPG

Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler 07.JPG

Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler 08.JPG

Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler 05.JPG

Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler 06.JPG

Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler 02.JPG

Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler 03.JPG

Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler 04.JPG
A lovely example, Lars! Many thanks for sharing, as always :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
That's awesome Lars, I doubt they'll be many of us here with one as nice as that.

It's one for my wish list too

thanks mate for the kind words :D I hope we will see more in the thread :D I bought it a few years ago on the forum from a fellow dane. He wanted to move to israel, he is jewish and sold his star wars collection because he did want his collection with him to israel. I remember when he delivered it to me that he had to say goodbye to this box and he had it in his hands for some time before he let go of the box. He had have it since the 90s.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

thanks mate for the lovely words :D do you also not have one to share with us ? :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

thanks mate for the lovely words :D do you also not have one to share with us ? :?
Give me a chance! It's coming! :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The rather grandly named 'Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler'. Not a toy we got here in the UK of course, and for that reason for many years I never even knew it existed! Let's be brutally honest here, the toy is woefully undersized and a little underwhelming. However, the sculpt is a good one, and I am still surprised to this day that Kenner even made one. It's testament to Star Wars' popularity that Kenner felt they could not only flog kids a Sandcrawler (which let's face it, didn't do a huge amount in the film), but an expensive radio controlled one at that!

I'm very glad that Kenner did make one though, as it makes for a relatively unusual and different addition to any collection. It's also noteworthy that the Sandcrawler, along with the Imperial Troop Transporter, are the only Star Wars logo-ed toy boxes NOT to have a double racetrack around the perimeter of the box front. Instead they reduced it down to just the single track we subsequently got for Empire and Jedi packaging.

Anyway, here's mine. Not the best example out there, but I'm still happy to have it.

Small But Beautifully Formed - 01.jpg

Small But Beautifully Formed - 02.jpg

Small But Beautifully Formed - 03.jpg

Small But Beautifully Formed - 04.jpg

Small But Beautifully Formed - 05.jpg

Small But Beautifully Formed - 06.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
The rather grandly named 'Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler'. Not a toy we got here in the UK of course, and for that reason for many years I never even knew it existed! Let's be brutally honest here, the toy is woefully undersized and a little underwhelming. However, the sculpt is a good one, and I am still surprised to this day that Kenner even made one. It's testament to Star Wars' popularity that Kenner felt they could not only flog kids a Sandcrawler (which let's face it, didn't do a huge amount in the film), but an expensive radio controlled one at that!

I'm very glad that Kenner did make one though, as it makes for a relatively unusual and different addition to any collection. It's also noteworthy that the Sandcrawler, along with the Imperial Troop Transporter, are the only Star Wars logo-ed toy boxes NOT to have a double racetrack around the perimeter of the box front. Instead they reduced it down to just the single track we subsequently got for Empire and Jedi packaging.

Anyway, here's mine. Not the best example out there, but I'm still happy to have it.

Small But Beautifully Formed - 01.jpg

Small But Beautifully Formed - 02.jpg

Small But Beautifully Formed - 03.jpg

Small But Beautifully Formed - 04.jpg

Small But Beautifully Formed - 05.jpg

Small But Beautifully Formed - 06.jpg

We also did not have it in denmark, but I am surprised that you did not have it in the uk :shock: Not the best example, I think it looks great, thanks mate for sharing it with us :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
We also did not have it in denmark, but I am surprised that you did not have it in the uk :shock: Not the best example, I think it looks great, thanks mate for sharing it with us :wink:
Thanks, Lars :)

spoons

Grand Master
Great examples Lars and Jeremy. Lovely to see them - one that has long been on my want list

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Great examples Lars and Jeremy. Lovely to see them - one that has long been on my want list

Thanks andy for the very kind words :D I hope andy that you will soon find one that you can add to your collection :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Plastikheld said:
That's mine - no box, but complete and working :D

sandcrawler.jpg

Lovely vehicle, looks like it is ready to go to tatooine :D thanks mate for sharing it with us and great to read that is is working 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom