• Screenshot_20190215-201420_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190215-201420_Samsung Internet.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,572

poncho

Grand Master
Interesting times..
Ahhh..... :?
Vintage tarkin perhaps

Will they just be re releases like the 1995 classic 4 pack...but for the whole line

Hasbro getting desperate for cash as the last jedi line was a flop due to the film being pants

Cashing in on nostalgia from adult collectors

Disney aka the starwars milking machine

jayums

Jedi Master
:shock:

https://intl.target.com/p/star-wars-retro-collection-episode-iv-a-new-hope-han-solo/-/A-54217849

indianawars

Sith Lord
I can see this will annoy certain collectors. I personally love it!
A minty white Luke, Leia and Stormtrooper that won't cost me hundreds of pounds.
I'm picking myself up a set, and any future sets.

jayums

Jedi Master
Agreed - unfortunately not available to us on this side of the pond though. Damn you target.Any stateside forum-ers taking orders?!

lejackal

Grand Master
indianawars said:
I can see this will annoy certain collectors. I personally love it!
A minty white Luke, Leia and Stormtrooper that won't cost me hundreds of pounds.
I'm picking myself up a set, and any future sets.
I'm looking forward to getting my boys a set of MOCs that they can open for a start

lejackal

Grand Master
That said I've already seen a post on one of the large Facebook groups stating it's another sad day for the hobby. Get a ****ing grip people :lol:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
This doesn't annoy me but it doesn't particularly interest me either. It feels a bit like Disney and Hasbro clutching at straws trying to appease the older vintage collectors for the widespread disliking of TLJ. Am I the only one thinking these are basically repro Vintage figures? If they're identical what's to stop people passing them off as loose Vintage in the future. Although to be fair they'll prob be produced in such small numbers that they'll be on eBay for £100 before long anyway. They look ok, just not my cup of tea, I prefer original.

indianawars

Sith Lord
I like the idea because they are official repros. Not lining the pockets of cunts. And that these figures became more affordable to people on tight budgets, who otherwise wouldn't be able to enjoy them (Like a minty white Luke or Leia). They won't fool anybody (the leg stamp alone would make sure of it) but they will look great on display.

But you are probably right. Give it time, and they'll be selling on eBay for £100 each.

Imagine if they released a VC Jawa! Now that would be a storm amongst collectors.

jayums

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
That said I've already seen a post on one of the large Facebook groups stating it's another sad day for the hobby. Get a ****ing grip people :lol:

Target preorders have sold out.

Can appreciate why they won't be everyone's cup of tea, but nothing to get too upset about. It really can't be healthy to lose sight of the fact that vintage Star Wars figures are ultimately lumps of plastic, as much as I love em!
The packaging, figures and accessories from this new line will all be different enough from the originals. They're prob churning out the same figs as from 90s classic pack, and that didn't kill the hobby either.
I don't collect mocs, mainly because I cant really justify the cost. These look cool to me and a nice little (affordable) trip down memory lane.

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
I assume the date stamp on them will say 2019 ? Hopefully

What about the weapons ? If they are identical to the old ones that's going to be another lot of repro flooding the market.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Not that I would buy them.

But maybe this will stop the repro production of figures and weapons or maybe not stoping them but making them illegal to produce :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom