SWFUK

New retroline.......

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: New retroline.......

Postby Richard_H » Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 pm

These are genuine not the imported stock. Anything from £61-65 for the 6.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mini99 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:09 pm

jayums wrote:Think I read somewhere the release date for wave 1 is end of August. However there are rumblings this might change (possibly delayed).

They have been released in some stores in Australia already by all accounts so probably easier to get there than they are here?

The stock levels in Target stores seems pretty healthy stateside now, so I wouldn’t be tempted to pay scalper prices for them.

Star Action Figures has these as August release date and a set of 6 for £54.95 + postage.
https://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/E6255.html

Crumm
Regular
Regular

Postby Crumm » Thu May 30, 2019 9:53 pm

Richard_H wrote:These are genuine not the imported stock. Anything from £61-65 for the 6.

Where did you see these?

All the U.K. ones I have seen are pre-order for August (Forbidden planet even says September 12th, maybe they know something no-one else does?).
"Everything is under control here, situation normal"

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Fri May 31, 2019 7:07 am

Automatic Comics in Corsham sent a link round on FB as did another online company I forget the name of at the moment. Run by Matt Booker. I declined because I'm losing faith with Hasbro and expect these to be FS for £5 in the next few months anyway. Perhaps I have this wrong but there was no mention of pre-orders in either listing.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jayums » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:19 am

Hi all,

Picked up some retro collection stormies on eBay for army building from a seller in the Philippines. Some had minor paint errors (nothing that couldn’t be scraped off easily) so possibly B-stock etc

However I noticed the figures don’t have the very obvious additional ‘C’ code stamp on the right leg, so thought I’d flag this up with you lot.

See photo.
Attachments
2BAD9028-E043-43A4-90E1-1F9A86769F55.jpeg
2BAD9028-E043-43A4-90E1-1F9A86769F55.jpeg (173.1 KiB) Viewed 525 times

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jayums » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:38 am

Another heads up for vintage loose collectors - the blaster does not have a number printed on it either like the official one I picked up from the States.

Leemcl
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Leemcl » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:41 pm

I’ve seen that seller on eBay. Keeps relisting the Retro figures.

Is this going to be a case of Repro of Repro ?

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jayums » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:48 am

Yep, it could get very confusing!

Both mine were identical to the US version I picked up besides a splash of black paint where it shouldn’t be. No big deal but enough to get them plucked out at the quality control stage I’m guessing. The excess paint was removed very easily.

Assuming the black c number on the back of the leg is the final part of the manufacturing process and these figures never made it far?

The blaster is curious. It is identical to the US version but is missing the small embossed number. I had assumed the number would be part of the blaster mould. Surely it isn’t added later in the manufacturing process?! Odd how it is missing.

I thought that I’d flag these differences up as they are effectively two supposed ‘tells’ which don’t apply to these eBay imports.

Kadie D
New User
New User

Postby Kadie D » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:35 am

I really want these. I am slowly working through the Black Series 6" to do the 12 back poses as on the wonderful header on this forum (not creeping, always loved the artwork and the info on the figures! I am going to repaint the Death Squad Commander and make new lightsabres.) Then when I have purchased the 1/72nd Bandai Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon, hopefully by the middle of next month! Then it will be a case of saving like mad again for the new retro figures. It`s a shame we won`t have the Palitoy logo on the boxes then again I guess we are lucky to have them at all!
"I've been fighting this war since I was 10 years old." :lol:

poncho
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby poncho » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:48 pm

jayums wrote:Another heads up for vintage loose collectors - the blaster does not have a number printed on it either like the official one I picked up from the States.

I bought the tarkin from that philipines seller and my blaster had a number on it

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:02 am

Are the bubbles the same size/shape as he originals Obviiusly the insert is there but are the bubbles the same?
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:16 am

Got a Tarkin be only one though.

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jayums » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:31 am

Blaster - had another good look at mine and can’t see it. Maybe a fluke mine had no number, or maybe I mixed it up with another one?? Although the eBay seller is listed as the Philippines the package arrived via Hong Kong so no doubt these loose versions ‘escaped’ the factory somehow.

The bubbles are flimsy and not the same size as original. And they have a tray inside which holds it all together. The cards are okay, but it all feels cheap and disposable, rather than something collectors would really like. I hear they are discounted in target, and I do think these should be 6-7 quid when they get here, not 10. Perhaps best to wait for discounts.

The figures are very good imo. I know tarkin divides opinion on the mould, but I think he looks terrific and fits in with the originals. I gather the sales have been really strong so am sure wave 2 will come next year.
I’d prefer them to focus on figures not previously made in the Kenner style, but if it completes the first 12 could be great for army building with those Jawas, sand people, and death squad commanders. Hopefully they will have the good sense to make a rebel alliance trooper too.

Dantooine
Regular
Regular

Postby Dantooine » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:23 pm

i just got the Death Star board game with Tarkin delivered from Star Action Figures.

Unfortunately the figure has that piece of paper from Hasbro stuck inside the bubble. It's not behind the figure, it's curled up in a "U" shape along the bottom and sides between the outer and inner bubble.

I may cancel the other 6 as I'm guessing they will all have the same paper. On the back of the box it has the Hasbro Amsterdam address. Looking at it in person I'm a bit underwhelmed with the Tarkin. I think my custom is better :D

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jayums » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:37 pm

It’s a shame because otherwise the euro card looks a tad better without the codes / age stuff at the top. I’m glad I opted for the import version.

Either way, the cards are fairly crap for display. It’s amazing how hasbro have gone to the trouble of making these, but can’t get simple things right which would broaden their appeal to collectors.

I still think the figures themselves are decent enough loose, but not really worth a tenner a pop. I hope they finish the first 12 and call it a day, then focus on unproduced figures in a retro style.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”