SWFUK

New retroline.......

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Alisdairmac
Regular
Regular

Re: New retroline.......

Postby Alisdairmac » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Darth Bobby wrote:
jayums wrote:I picked up a few of the UK versions and my cards
even have tiny marks on the image that the import version doesn’t have (Must be a printing issue as identical). Regardless they really are a bit shit. The figure is decent though. I’m trying to cancel my pre-order for the other six too, but haven’t heard back yet. Feel a bit sorry for the seller as suspect quite a lot of people won’t want them with the silly info sheet inside the bubble.

Conversely I picked up one of those funky SDCC prototype Vaders. Didn’t really want it all that much from the pics online, but in hand, the card is lovely. Feels like a premium product in terms of packaging. It’s a real shame they didn’t make the retro collection with the same care.

Yeah I feel bad for the seller too... but the product is really poor quality. I’m sure they’ll sell them eventually but collectors won’t want them.

I cancelled my order as well. Feel slightly bad for the seller as you say

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Mine arrived today... in a sealed "shipping case"! The collector in me can't bring myself to open it :oops:

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 am

Mine came to, I opened the shipper :D
the paper insert doesn't look to bad in hand its tucked behind the figure, well at least on the set of six it is,

take a look at tarkins!
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:11 am

The printed edge wear really does spoil them, such a shame! It's ironic that they did so little research that they didn't know collecotrs of old toys LOVE them to be mint

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jayums » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:30 pm

edd_jedi wrote:The printed edge wear really does spoil them, such a shame! It's ironic that they did so little research that they didn't know collecotrs of old toys LOVE them to be mint

Hasbro will probably release them again in a few years on mint $$$$$$$

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”