R2D2 Factory Droid figure

tigerham

Sith Lord
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help out as I never owned one. Is the Factory Droid R2 different from the regular one apart from the attachable third leg, as in if I got a third leg and simply attached it to a regular R2 would that be right?

I ask because I am seeing all parts of the R2 Factory Droid unit being sold seperately so wondering if they are put together differently to the original ones for ease of use in taking them apart.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
No it's not the same as the normal figure with an extra leg, it's completely different.

poncho

Grand Master
Droidset vs production

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190222-115446_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190222-115446_Samsung Internet.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 569

tigerham

Sith Lord
poncho said:
Droidset vs production

Thanks Chris for the photo. It helps a lot as I can now see the side legs are different so am guessing every other moving part is as needs to be removable.

Thanks again guys for the help, really appreciated. :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
tigerham said:
poncho said:
Droidset vs production

Thanks Chris for the photo. It helps a lot as I can now see the side legs are different so am guessing every other moving part is as needs to be removable.

The Droid Factory R2-D2 is different in many ways. Firstly, it completely disassembles into its component parts, with the head, body and 3 legs each being separate pieces. The legs fit directly into the body, but the head attaches via a removable soft rubber peg. Also, the head does not have a red 'eye' at the front of it, but rather it is blue on the DF version.

The sticker used on the Droid Factory R2-D2 is also a mirror image of the regular carded one, plus the Palitoy DF sticker is different from the Kenner one (the Palitoy one is a darker blue, printed on less glossy paper, plus the details themselves are different).

Here's the Palitoy one up close:

Palitoy Droid Factory R2-D2.jpg

Hope that helps :)

tigerham

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
tigerham said:
poncho said:
Droidset vs production

The Droid Factory R2-D2 is different in many ways. Firstly, it completely disassembles into its component parts, with the head, body and 3 legs each being separate pieces. The legs fit directly into the body, but the head attaches via a removable soft rubber peg. Also, the head does not have a red 'eye' at the front of it, but rather it is blue on the DF version.

The sticker used on the Droid Factory R2-D2 is also a mirror image of the regular carded one, plus the Palitoy DF sticker is different from the Kenner one (the Palitoy one is a darker blue, printed on less glossy paper, plus the details themselves are different).

Here's the Palitoy one up close:

Palitoy Droid Factory R2-D2.jpg
Hope that helps :)

Brilliant information and photo Jeremy. Thank you kindly my friend! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom