MP 4 pack and 15 Pack save updated ( pic heavy!)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
So I have a love for baggies, and have been lucky enough to pick up some nice ones, with a lot of help fro Frank.

I have wanted to add a Mailer pack for a long time, but collecting on a budget is always going to be a blocker.

Frank had a conversation with a collector Shane in Oz and between them have sent through to me, what I believe to be pieces of history. The pieces were sent to me free of charge for me to try and do a little work on and breathe a little life into them.

I will add to the thread as they develop, but have already managed to get a 4 pack MP to a standard that I am massively happy with, just need to add Han and Imp Stormy baggies now :D

Again, massive thank you to Frank and to Shane, I am so pleased to have these pieces as part of my collection, 2 little pieces of history that can live again

Attachments

• IMG_3368.JPG
    IMG_3368.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,884
  • IMG_3369.JPG
    IMG_3369.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,879
  • IMG_3370.JPG
    IMG_3370.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,876
  • IMG_3371.JPG
    IMG_3371.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,875
  • IMG_3372.JPG
    IMG_3372.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,878
  • IMG_3373.JPG
    IMG_3373.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,877
  • IMG_3374.JPG
    IMG_3374.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,878
  • IMG_3365.JPG
    IMG_3365.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,877
  • IMG_3366.JPG
    IMG_3366.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,879

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Nicely done! There's something very satisfying about bringing an item back from the brink and another vintage item saved.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks guys, yes it's really nice to get something back from the brink, rescuing these pieces adds to the whole thing for me :D

Don't know about handyman Lars, but enjoy the thrill of it :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well they sent that to the right man! :D

Looks fantastic Mike and another bit of history saved and on display at a very good home.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
Thanks guys, yes it's really nice to get something back from the brink, rescuing these pieces adds to the whole thing for me :D

Don't know about handyman Lars, but enjoy the thrill of it :D

Michael, with all the things you repair to it's former glory then you are the handyman :wink:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Section 8 said:
Super job. I love packaging boxes. Be worth quite a bit once you get the matching baggies. All from a little effort.

The value is irrelevant for me, that's the beauty of it, the value of these pieces to buy in good condition is far above my budget.
It's more about breathing life back into a piece and then having that as part of my collection that will never go anywhere, but has an extra dimension to it and makes it that little bit more personal to me :D

coomber75

Sith Lord
thats pretty inspirational mate, so wish id picked up that multipack that was partial completed looks likje a cool project to piece together

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
coomber75 said:
thats pretty inspirational mate, so wish id picked up that multipack that was partial completed looks likje a cool project to piece together

The one you were talking about was the ROTJ one?

Yes the baggies as Frank said are not hard ones to get for that particular MP if you add it up it's an expensive project but done over time wouldn't be as painful to the pocket in one hit but would be a project and once on display would look superb and would be a piece of history put back together.

For me there is a real draw to the MP s they are a part of the collecting bug, that once you look into it and do a little research, your hooked!! Its all about patience, luck, and networking with like minded collectors, Frank has been an absoloutely star in my search for baggies and these MPs
Once you get away from the collecting for its intrinsic value ( that there is nothing wrong with if that floats your boat) and you come accross the area of collecting that really presses your buttons, then your half way there, patience as well helps!
But if you end up with a collection that makes you smile every time you look at it, has a story to the pieces in it, that are personal to you, and looks ace, then your winning :D
There are issues with most of the items in my collection, but the issues are not mine...so happy days :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yes the baggies as Frank said are not hard ones to get for that particular MP if you add it up it's an expensive project but done over time wouldn't be as painful to the pocket in one hit but would be a project and once on display would look superb and would be a piece of history put back together.
Do you think that picking a mailer and baggies up as individual pieces would be more expensive than buying one complete?
The only comparison I can think of is a bit like buying a loose figure and then the weapon often works out more than buying a complte one?
Another fantastic job again Mike, as usual!

coomber75

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
coomber75 said:

The one you were talking about was the ROTJ one?

For me there is a real draw to the MP s they are a part of the collecting bug, that once you look into it and do a little research, your hooked!! Its all about patience, luck, and networking with like minded collectors, Frank has been an absoloutely star in my search for baggies and these MPs
Once you get away from the collecting for its intrinsic value ( that there is nothing wrong with if that floats your boat) and you come accross the area of collecting that really presses your buttons, then your half way there, patience as well helps!
But if you end up with a collection that makes you smile every time you look at it, has a story to the pieces in it, that are personal to you, and looks ace, then your winning :D
There are issues with most of the items in my collection, but the issues are not mine...so happy days :D
Yep that's the one mate although would be heavily reliant on help as this is a new world to me but am a fan of patient hunt and build projects

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
There is a FB group for baggies that Frank is part of, where you would be fine in regard to help in getting the correct baggies for a pack, like Frank advised, £30 to £40 on the baggies to fill the pack, once you know what your going at, and just to take your time. Use the Baggie reference guide as well. Good luck if you go the MP route :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Do you think that picking a mailer and baggies up as individual pieces would be more expensive than buying one complete?
The only comparison I can think of is a bit like buying a loose figure and then the weapon often works out more than buying a complte one?

Horses for courses, the buzz for me is putting things together over time, which means you can budget over time, so if it works out a little more then the time span it's collected over negates that extra cost for me.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
Mini99 said:

Horses for courses, the buzz for me is putting things together over time, which means you can budget over time, so if it works out a little more then the time span it's collected over negates that extra cost for me.
I wasn't questioning the way you're putting this together Mike, 8) it was more of a general question about mailers.
I was just interested as this is a subject I know nothing about.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
That is very nice Mike, nice to see it coming along nicely and that you have managed to finally get yourself a multi pack, really pleased for you :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Michael Sith said:
Mini99 said:

I wasn't questioning the way you're putting this together Mike, 8) it was more of a general question about mailers.
I was just interested as this is a subject I know nothing about.

It's like anything else mate, all depends which MP, what the baggies are that go with it, if it's sealed or open, and how lucky you are!
In the main I would say a nice unblemished MP complete, would be more expensive than making one up yourself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom