THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 57 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
57-fb.jpg

Episode 57 sees Star Wars Tracker developer Jared Cope join Stuart & Pete to discuss his collecting, coins, Australia and of course Tracker.

Rebel Briefings this month sees the team delve into the jaw dropping Prop Store Toy Auction as they look at some of the items that are available as well as being in awe of the information that is included in the auction catalogue. Richard leads the team through some other topics too as they look at R5-D4 Pre-Production, the Podcast stage at Celebration and Chicago and offer their thoughts on the new 'Retro Line' from Hasbro.

During Newest Acquisitions the team are joined by Mark Daniels to discuss his latest pick up, a Mint in Box Laser Rifle with red insert and also speak of the purple insert version. As well as this they look at the Pendulum Press Kit again and appreciate the work that Jason Langendorfer is doing to present the audio of this item, they look at Ron Cobb Color Vision book where Pete's loving for the man gets uncomfortable and we look at an amazing Lili Ledy haul picked up by Oscar Galaz, Jez shout outs many other awesome and inspiring purchases before the team settle down for the main topic of the month, the A-Wing, where Ron Salvatore from the Vintage Rebellion Alliance drops by to help the team out with the facts.

Pete continues the A-Wing loving during 'Beyond the Newest Acquisitions' where we look at what the A-Wing appeared on, Comic covers, MPC Kits, VHS tapes, he's got it covered before bringing us the Tracker top five of A-Wing items.

As well as all this we have the usual delights, we have a Celebration update, the usual quizzes and we hear just what the team had as children and what happened to those toys that inspired their collections today.

Enjoy the show!!!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Another great episode guys! Good chit chat on the A-Wing, I went straight to the SWCA to take a gander at the preproduction related entries. Interesting to learn that it was the first ship designed and manufactured from CAD.

Be good to have Jez (Tando Calrissian) back in Blighty soon too. At least then he can't keep using the time delay excuse.

Chris

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Be good to have Jez (Tando Calrissian) back in Blighty soon too. At least then he can't keep using the time delay excuse.

Loving Tando Calrissian :lol: pretty sure he'll use some other excuse for being so lame however

Taffius

Sith Lord
Great Episode once again all. Great to hear Jared's processes and ethics behind tracker. I recently cancelled my subscription as I was concentrating on modern but now I have heard the article...I need it back. :oops:
Mark's info was a great listen while on a cross trainer!

Four and half hours only lasted three commutes and one gym session but as always, very grateful for the listen and enjoy the Celebration! Can't wait to see video and hear all about it!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'm not very deep into the podcast yet but felt I had to defend Rich on one of the quiz answers.

Stu, you said that the only Airfix kit released for Jedi was Jabba's Palace? You may have forgotten the A-wing (which was Rich's answer), B-wing, TIE Interceptor, X-wing, Shuttle Tydirium, and the Speeder Bike.....

I'm also desperately trying to get the image out of my head of Stu gazing at a POTF coin display while in the heat of passion... :D

Taffius

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
Great to hear Jared's processes and ethics behind tracker. I recently cancelled my subscription as I was concentrating on modern but now I have heard the article...I need it back. :oops:

Subscription back on! Sorted.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:
I'm not very deep into the podcast yet but felt I had to defend Rich on one of the quiz answers.

Stu, you said that the only Airfix kit released for Jedi was Jabba's Palace? You may have forgotten the A-wing (which was Rich's answer), B-wing, TIE Interceptor, X-wing, Shuttle Tydirium, and the Speeder Bike.....

I'm also desperately trying to get the image out of my head of Stu gazing at a POTF coin display while in the heat of passion... :D

You've got me, I noticed this when editing and the question should have asked for a scene model kit, didn't pick up on it when rich answered as didn't have the others on my sheet, plus I didn't word the question correctly, but he would have still lost as he's a bit of a plonker.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
AndyPreston said:

You've got me, I noticed this when editing and the question should have asked for a scene model kit, didn't pick up on it when rich answered as didn't have the others on my sheet, plus I didn't word the question correctly, but he would have still lost as he's a bit of a plonker.
:lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Stuart Skinner said:
AndyPreston said:

:lol:

You know he'll revel in this, maybe would have been better as a pm, hes pretty unbearable at the best of times

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Nearing the end now, I enjoyed the interview with Jared and interesting to see beneath the bonnet of Star Wars Tracker a little. Mark Daniels was good value as always (that purple background Laser Rifle is a great piece) and I can't agree more that Ron Cobb is greatly underrated as an artist and production designer.

The A-wing discussion was great - one of my favourite vintage ships. Did you know there's a Palitoy version? It's the Kenner box with a Palitoy sticker applied, the same sticker that you see on Ewok Catapult and Ewok Glider boxes. I don't own one but I used to know someone who does.

I own the Airfix A-wing kit and the Airfix 4 pack, but they're deep in the loft so instead I'll add this to the discussion, it's a production used storyboard from Jedi featuring the A-wing:

C12829BE-1015-4A89-BCF8-913C35FF9EB2.jpeg

Great episode again lads, look forward to the next one!

spoons

Grand Master
Well done all, I'd echo Andy - Jared's insight into how the tracker works was very enlightening. Mark's chat about artwork in general was also very interesting and something a bit different from the norm.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
About halfway through now- great stuff as usual!

So Steve hasn't seen Scott for a year? Here they are sat next to each other... in October :lol:

Attachments

• AC75B9BD-18F3-409E-814A-0BE957CEAC71.jpeg
    AC75B9BD-18F3-409E-814A-0BE957CEAC71.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,099

spoons

Grand Master
Cazza said:

So Steve hasn't seen Scott for a year? Here they are sat next to each other... in October :lol:

:lol: :lol:

They were both at FF in December too - but maybe on different days?

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Cazza said:

Was it a show and tell? Everyone has bought an item to discuss, cute

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
Cazza said:

Yep, So'Westers Show 'n' Tell 8)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Many thanks for another great podcast guys, it amazes me how you keep churning them out and maintain the quality, keep it up!
What I really found fascinating this time was the articles about Rob Cobb, without this episode I would never have heard of this guy, and he is an absolute fricking genius!
For someone as talented as Mark Daniels to hold him in high regard I had to find some examples of his work.
So after listening, I found his website http://www.roncobb.net/film.html
What hasn't this gifted artist been involved in, on the website are some stunning pencil sketches, for example just look at the detail in the drawing of Jones in his cat box from Alien!
And then look at the designs for the Alien space craft seats, I could go on...
As Mark said this guy could fill a book easily and I would love to see it produced on day soon.
So thanks Pete and Mark for bringing this guy to my attention, and I would urge anyone with even a small interest in Si Fi art to look this up, I promise that you won't be disappointed!
Thanks.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Many thanks for another great podcast guys, it amazes me how you keep churning them out and maintain the quality, keep it up!
What I really found fascinating this time was the articles about Rob Cobb, without this episode I would never have heard of this guy, and he is an absolute fricking genius!
For someone as talented as Mark Daniels to hold him in high regard I had to find some examples of his work.
So after listening, I found his website http://www.roncobb.net/film.html
What hasn't this gifted artist been involved in, on the website are some stunning pencil sketches, for example just look at the detail in the drawing of Jones in his cat box from Alien!
And then look at the designs for the Alien space craft seats, I could go on...
As Mark said this guy could fill a book easily and I would love to see it produced on day soon.
So thanks Pete and Mark for bringing this guy to my attention, and I would urge anyone with even a small interest in Si Fi art to look this up, I promise that you won't be disappointed!
Thanks.

Great to see someone else now discovering Ron's work and enjoying it :) :) :)

It's always a huge honour to be asked to contribute to the TVR 8)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Cazza said:

Just to clear this one up
Jez messages me and asks if I have a recording from Scott
I have no idea what he's on about...
a year?!? No idea where he got that from. My message to Jez was that I hadn't seen him in months, not a year.
I was planning on going to Sowesters meet up number two, but didn't due to work commitments.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom