Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Pomse2001 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:46 pm

Ree-Yees:
yees.jpg
yees.jpg (42.08 KiB) Viewed 774 times

User avatar
Ruby2511
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Ruby2511 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:51 pm

One of my first figures, here is mine :D
20190224_194904-1.jpg
20190224_194904-1.jpg (47.02 KiB) Viewed 762 times
Hi i'm Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Ruby2511 wrote:One of my first figures, here is mine :D
20190224_194904-1.jpg
Nice example, Russ! Thanks for sharing :-)

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:40 pm

Good old Three Eyes then, Lars? Perhaps not the most glamorous of figures or the most desirable... in fact, back when I started collecting again in the early nineties, my local collectibles shop had a bargain box of MOCs stuffed full of Ree-Yees, Klaatus and Squid Heads for £4 a pop, and they still didn't shift (and stupidly, I didn't buy one, because at the time I wasn't collecting carded figures, only loose!). However, the figure has its charms, and I do like the moulded hands vs painted hands variants (I personally prefer the moulded hands as I think they look better) that also differ in body shade, plus there are also some paint variants to be found on the boot colour.

Here are mine. From left to right, a pair of Taiwan moulded hands variants; light boots and dark boots. And then lastly, a Hong Kong painted hands variant. And of course, the COO's for Lars ;-)
Gegs Trio 01.jpg
Gegs Trio 01.jpg (141.24 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Gegs Trio 02.jpg
Gegs Trio 02.jpg (139.93 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Gegs Trio 03.jpg
Gegs Trio 03.jpg (92.64 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Gegs Trio 04.jpg
Gegs Trio 04.jpg (108.49 KiB) Viewed 748 times

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Pomse2001 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:13 am

Ruby2511 wrote:One of my first figures, here is mine :D
20190224_194904-1.jpg
Nice figure thanks for sharing it, it looks very mint 8)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Pomse2001 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:19 am

Snaketibe wrote:Good old Three Eyes then, Lars? Perhaps not the most glamorous of figures or the most desirable... in fact, back when I started collecting again in the early nineties, my local collectibles shop had a bargain box of MOCs stuffed full of Ree-Yees, Klaatus and Squid Heads for £4 a pop, and they still didn't shift (and stupidly, I didn't buy one, because at the time I wasn't collecting carded figures, only loose!). However, the figure has its charms, and I do like the moulded hands vs painted hands variants (I personally prefer the moulded hands as I think they look better) that also differ in body shade, plus there are also some paint variants to be found on the boot colour.

Here are mine. From left to right, a pair of Taiwan moulded hands variants; light boots and dark boots. And then lastly, a Hong Kong painted hands variant. And of course, the COO's for Lars ;-)

Gegs Trio 01.jpg

Gegs Trio 02.jpg

Gegs Trio 03.jpg

Gegs Trio 04.jpg
yes good old 3 eyes :lol: Wow you should have bought the box of moc :shock: but I think we all have seen something that we did not buy that we would have bought if it had been today :lol: I also prefer the moulded hands.

Nice collection of variants :D thanks for sharing them. Is the run complete or do you hunt a no coo and a lili ledy ? or maybe some other variants ? :D

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:43 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:yes good old 3 eyes :lol: Wow you should have bought the box of moc :shock: but I think we all have seen something that we did not buy that we would have bought if it had been today :lol: I also prefer the moulded hands.

Nice collection of variants :D thanks for sharing them. Is the run complete or do you hunt a no coo and a lili ledy ? or maybe some other variants ? :D
Thanks, Lars :-)

Regarding any other variants I don't own, since I'm only really interested in collecting ones which looks visually different from one another, it depends entirely upon whether any of the ones I don't have look different from the ones I do! Maybe you can help with that?

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8169
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by spoons » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:10 pm

Nice variants Jeremy. I sold this tri-logo just the other week to raise funds for die cast, sad to let him go after such a short time on the shelves.

Image
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Pomse2001 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:49 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:yes good old 3 eyes :lol: Wow you should have bought the box of moc :shock: but I think we all have seen something that we did not buy that we would have bought if it had been today :lol: I also prefer the moulded hands.

Nice collection of variants :D thanks for sharing them. Is the run complete or do you hunt a no coo and a lili ledy ? or maybe some other variants ? :D
Thanks, Lars :-)

Regarding any other variants I don't own, since I'm only really interested in collecting ones which looks visually different from one another, it depends entirely upon whether any of the ones I don't have look different from the ones I do! Maybe you can help with that?
Sure here is a link to the lili ledy Ree-Yees he is different http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/h28 ... e-ree-yees

Here is some info about the mould http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t69 ... ead#122564

I collect a little different, first I collect after the coo/no coo and if I have 2 figures with the same no coo/coo then I look after a difference between the 2 figures :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Pomse2001 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:52 pm

spoons wrote:Nice variants Jeremy. I sold this tri-logo just the other week to raise funds for die cast, sad to let him go after such a short time on the shelves.
Sorry Andy, to read you sold that beautiful moc, but if you bought something that make you more happy then it is the best thing to do :wink: It looks fantastic the moc that you had :wink:

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:46 pm

spoons wrote:Nice variants Jeremy. I sold this tri-logo just the other week to raise funds for die cast, sad to let him go after such a short time on the shelves.
Thanks, Andy.

That's a lovely MOC with a great bubble. Sorry to hear you had to part with it, but I hope you got the die cast you wanted.

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:47 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:Sure here is a link to the lili ledy Ree-Yees he is different http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/h28 ... e-ree-yees

Here is some info about the mould http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t69 ... ead#122564

I collect a little different, first I collect after the coo/no coo and if I have 2 figures with the same no coo/coo then I look after a difference between the 2 figures :D
Thanks, Lars :-)

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by TheJabbaWookie » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm

Here’s my two loose. I have a Taiwan (Molded hands) and Hong Kong (painted hands). I tend only to collect major variants and the mold differences on these mean they fall into that category, even though they look visually similar in terms of paint apps. I have noticed that my HK comes with a v1 Rifle and my Taiwan with a v4. Not sure what yours come with guys?
Attachments
DB1BE725-11E7-4703-BB46-3CC8039330E8.jpeg
DB1BE725-11E7-4703-BB46-3CC8039330E8.jpeg (151.52 KiB) Viewed 681 times
F3280741-04A3-4194-9588-B49FFA343027.jpeg
F3280741-04A3-4194-9588-B49FFA343027.jpeg (143.93 KiB) Viewed 681 times

User avatar
apack7229
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by apack7229 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:10 am

Here’s mine.
4134EF49-2CAD-4CE6-8794-C5886B8CB82C.jpeg
4134EF49-2CAD-4CE6-8794-C5886B8CB82C.jpeg (216.68 KiB) Viewed 670 times
D613B35C-49FF-4368-B859-98885B503FF2.jpeg
D613B35C-49FF-4368-B859-98885B503FF2.jpeg (200.32 KiB) Viewed 670 times
The broken bubble was a tsukuda that I bought from japan and got damaged during shipping. The other moc has the pop cut out.
9A95D76F-E74B-426F-A190-806FFF070C83.jpeg
9A95D76F-E74B-426F-A190-806FFF070C83.jpeg (139.59 KiB) Viewed 670 times

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Pomse2001 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Sure here is a link to the lili ledy Ree-Yees he is different http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/h28 ... e-ree-yees

Here is some info about the mould http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t69 ... ead#122564

I collect a little different, first I collect after the coo/no coo and if I have 2 figures with the same no coo/coo then I look after a difference between the 2 figures :D
Thanks, Lars :-)
Your welcome, I hope you can use it :D

Post Reply